Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to Install Nortek HUSBZB-1 Zigbee & Z-Wave Plus USB Interface in windows.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Install Nortek HUSBZB-1 Zigbee & Z-Wave Plus USB Interface in windows.

I had to check several post to install my Nortek HUSBZB-1 ZigBee/Z-Wave interface.

Here are my notes:
    Step 1
    Backup your existing Z-Wave interface (Plug-in->Zwave->Controller Management)

Click image for larger version  Name:	HUSBZB-1.png Views:	0 Size:	14.2 KB ID:	1477320

Note: The file name. eg. Above ZNet_Network 016a2…..

Step 2
    Now backup your entire z-wave network. (Tools->Backup->Backup)

Step 3
    Disable your current z-wave interface by clicking on the checkmark
    Click image for larger version  Name:	HUSBZB-2.png Views:	0 Size:	11.2 KB ID:	1477321

Step 4
    Follow the instructions in this video: https://youtu.be/wJ5--gXZtD4. Please note the com ports for both ZigBee and Z-Wave.
    More information: ZigBee Driver Setup: https://docs.homeseer.com/display/HS...e+Driver+Setup

Go into plugins and add both the ZigBee Plugin and the z-wave plugin noting the com ports.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	HUSBZB-3.png Views:	0 Size:	20.1 KB ID:	1477322
    Note: Use the “Aeon Labs Aeotec Z-Stick” driver for the Nortek Z-Wave plugin

Step 5
    Now “Restore a network to this interface” z-wave config to the HUSBZB-1 z-wave interface. (You backed it up in Step 1)
    This video show you how to backup your z-wave config (which you should have already completed) and restore (which you should complete now.) https://youtu.be/nS-YWPVFJOM (Example video only)

Restore your Interface (Plug-in->Zwave->Controller Management-> Restore a network to this interface”)

Hope this helps someone.

Rubber_Boot You might try this link to set up this controller.

https://docs.homeseer.com/display/HS...r+Installation

Comment

THANK YOU. I got the device drivers figured out and I think the plug-in at least partially setup thanks to your tip on the Aeon Labs Aeotec Z-Stick

Question: How do I add devices Z-Wave devices now that my Nortek is installed and I have the Z-Wave Plug-in (Z-Wave 3.0.2.0)? On HS's main Devices page I see the option to Add Device->Zigbee, but not Z-Wave. When I go to Plugins->Z-Wave->Controller Mgmt I can see the Controller and have Actions such as Import Node and Scan Existing. Not seeing any options to add new device. Trying to add a door lock.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Z-Wave.jpg
Views:	2053
Size:	110.7 KB
ID:	1484989Click image for larger version

Name:	Z-Wave-Menu.jpg
Views:	2033
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	1484990
      Thank you!

Comment

jkaylen I think the Interface Model should be the HUBZB-1 as a selection. Mine shows Z-Wave.me USB. If you are wanting to use Zigbee it is listed in the Plugins drop down if you have the Zigbee plugin loaded. You just need to add the zigbee part of the controller to the zigbee plugin.

Comment

Posted in the hopes it helps others speed up the process:
          In a brand new Z-Wave install in HS4 on Hometroller/Windows 7, the only Interface that gave me “Include” options was the “Sigma Designs UZB” selection. Also needed devices to be very close to Stick to Include.

Comment

I'm also having an issue with the Nortek stick.
            Installed on a client's new HomeSeer Homtroller Plus with the Nortek HUSBZB-1. These are the options available when initializing the interface. The issues I describe below are consistent when I try Z-Wave.me UZB, Aeon Labs, and Sigma Designs.

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-09-17 at 5.37.49 PM.png
Views:	1864
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	1497127

First, there are no Inclusion/Exclusion options under the legacy Controller Option menu:

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-09-18 at 8.07.52 PM.png
Views:	1978
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	1497120

However, under the new UI, the Remove Device and Add Device options FAIL after less than 10 seconds. (I'm used to the Zee/Pi units where it stays in the mode for 1-2 minutes at least):

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-09-18 at 2.46.10 PM.png
Views:	1867
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	1497122
            (Note, the Details selection is blank)

Clue #1: this error message sometimes (not always) appears when I open the Controller Configuration screen:

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-09-18 at 8.03.57 PM.png
Views:	1800
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	1497125

Clue #2 (maybe?): The interface ID is DAF4EBC in the Controller Configuration, Node Info, and Manage Interfaces screen.
            Under the new UI Advanced Functions and Settings menus, it's 34BA0016675E:

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-09-18 at 8.18.07 PM.png
Views:	1869
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	1497126

I've deleted/reinstalled the interface multiple times.
            I've deleted/reinstalled the Z-wave plugin.
            I've deleted/reinstalled the Nortek drivers.

Attached Files

Comment

Did this ever get resolved?

I also do not have an 'ADD' or 'REMOVE' on the drop down menu.

And I do not have a UI Advanced Functions choice.

The ZWave UI fails during Homeseer startup.

How do I add a new ZWave device to that interface?

Comment

Working...
              X