Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remove a Z-wave thermostat no longer available.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remove a Z-wave thermostat no longer available.

I need to remove a node for a z-wave thermostat that is no longer available. I've tried Z-Tool+, but seems it needs something from the thermostat. I have very little knowledge of Z-Wave. Any assistance will be most appreciated. I am running HS3.

Go to the root device, then the Z-Wave tab, then Manage. Click on "Test Connectivity" After that fails, immediately click on "Remove Bad Node". HomeSeer will not allow you to remove a non-existent node until it confirms that the device is not communicating. This will remove the node from the controller as well as the associated HS devices.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Randy, thanks for the reply. Sorry to be a nuisance, but I am a total novice when it comes to Z-Wave. Not sure what is meant by "Go to the root device". I was able to find "Node Connectivity" in Z-Tool+ and from HS3 Plug-Ins/Z-Wave "Test Node Connectivity on a Network". Both provided a list of Nodes and both found the error node "Node 21" that is the thermostat that is not connected , but in either case didn't see the option "Remove Bad Node". How do I get to the "root device" you mentioned and the "Remove Bad Node"

Comment

Originally posted by scaleste View Post
        Randy, thanks for the reply. Sorry to be a nuisance, but I am a total novice when it comes to Z-Wave. Not sure what is meant by "Go to the root device". I was able to find "Node Connectivity" in Z-Tool+ and from HS3 Plug-Ins/Z-Wave "Test Node Connectivity on a Network". Both provided a list of Nodes and both found the error node "Node 21" that is the thermostat that is not connected , but in either case didn't see the option "Remove Bad Node". How do I get to the "root device" you mentioned and the "Remove Bad Node"
        Find the thermostat in the HomeSeer device manager. The very top device will be the root. Click in its name and it will open the device’s management page. You will see some tabs, the one on the right is Z-Wave. Open that tab and you will see a Management button. Click on that and you will see about five buttons. Click on the one that says "Test Connectivity". Wait until you get a message that the node failed to be reached, then click on “Remove Bad Node”. You should ess a red notice after a brief period stating that the node was removed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	55082D89-9E25-4B2F-88CF-86ED98BE88C7.jpeg
Views:	140
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	1477518Click image for larger version

Name:	66FFC8B0-FF3D-4C54-9CD7-ABD964905CD2.jpeg
Views:	141
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	1477517Click image for larger version

Name:	BCA40AA0-D051-4072-846E-82BC4939BA26.jpeg
Views:	182
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	1477516
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

That is so awesome. Thanks for the help and spot on.

Comment

Working...
          X