Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

same type of device - different controls in HS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

same type of device - different controls in HS?

This is a sort of followup to my thread about Bali Z-Wave blinds...

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...rrent-position

Because I think the following may have more to do with the SmartStick than the blinds I'll post here:

As you can see from my linked thread, I asked a question about how to stop the blinds as they move. We (my son and I) had added only two of nine blinds when I made that post but since then we have added a few more. All but one of them added to HS with the following interface:

Click image for larger version

Name:	HS-blinds1.JPG
Views:	104
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	1487525
    However, one of them added as follows with a Stop button!

Name:	HS-blinds2.JPG
Views:	98
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	1487524

Why would one show up differently than all the rest - all are the same blind type ordered at the same time! How to I get them all to show up in HS this way?

Is it possible to copy controls from one device to another?

Thanks
    Attached Files

For anyone else seeing this, we figure it out - click on the Control device object with all of the proper controls you want to copy, click on the Status Graphics tab. Open another tab or window with HS, click on the device missing the controls and add them exactly like the device that has them. In our case we only needed the "Stop" button so we added it to all of the Z-Wave blind controllers manually and it works like a charm.

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	114
Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	1487828

I also learned that tenScriptAid can help to find missing or unknown codes (to a point) but it may be a catch-22 if the code isn't in the HS database to start with.

Comment

Working...
    X