SmartStick +

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SmartStick +

Been using Homeseer since 2016. everything works great. until recently when i started to add new devices. apparently the new devices use 700 series. Is my Smartstick+ compatible with 700 series? not sure what series it is. but i purchased it back in 2016. Do i need to upgrade my smartstick to the new G3 for everything to work properly.

The 700 series chip is supposed to be backwards compatible with the older 500 series chip.

What sort of problems are you having?

Comment

No, they will still work fine with the SmartStick +. I have a G3 stick in storage but the upgrade path is onerous and gets me pretty nervous, so as long as everything works fine, even my new devices, I'm not going to pull something out that's working fine. At least I will have an emergency replacement if something goes TU.

Comment

Originally posted by drhtmal View Post
        The 700 series chip is supposed to be backwards compatible with the older 500 series chip.

What sort of problems are you having?
        Not sure what happen. went ahead and restored z wave to an earlier date. didn't release that i already had 700 chip devices that i bought a few week back. and working properly. issues started to happen when trying to add kwikset door lock. it wouldn't add correctly. and events where not working. looks like its all working now.

i still ended up buying the new smart stick G3. but now im having issue with it not wanting to update the firmware. keep getting an error (Serial upload aborted fire error 0x18)

Comment

I'm having this same issue. Did you get it resolved? Exact same error in Z-Wave PC Controller while trying to do a firmware update.

Comment

Working...
          X