Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What version SmartStick ????

Well, I'm kinda confused.
    How the heck do I know what version SmartStick and firmware I have???
    See the image below.
    I would like to upgrade the the latest release, but not sure where to start from....
    Little help would be greatly appreciated.....
    Thanks.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-11-09 083138.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	1574858

On the Tools menu select the "Help" dropdown. It will take a few second to gather the data. At the very bottom of the list you will see "Plugins Installed." It is also half way down the list.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.
      But not really what I'm looking for........... I need the info on the SmartStick itself, i.e. device version, and firmware currently installed...

Comment

Did you look on the server in the respective Bin folders?

Name:	2022-11-09_12꞉36꞉08.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	1574922

Comment

I know that with a Z-Net, the Z-Wave plugin will report the controller version info.
          Try stopping/restarting the Z-Wave plugin and check the logs.
          HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
          54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
          Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

I think the information set depends on the version of the Z-Wave plugin you're using. This is what I'm seeing with the latest HS4 version:

Name:	image.png
Views:	308
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	1575097
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

thanks again for the info
              But I still can't figure out what I device version I have. I did find the purchase. See the image, note the date of June 2017 . Is this a G3, or G5, or G????
              Can its firmware be updated? Should its firmware be updated???
              please help......

If I need to purchase a new version, ok, just let me know.....

Click image for larger version  Name:	smartstick.jpg Views:	0 Size:	55.6 KB ID:	1575232
              Last edited by ; November 11, 2022, 11:21 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Hi - Any update here? I have a SmartStick+ that was purchased within days of 45rogue and can't tell what 'G' it is. I am having some issues and need to know if firmware updates apply.

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	1577843

Comment

look at the both sides and find the SKU number.
                  this is my new one, purchased from HS. note the -G3. other than that, how would ya know....???? good luck.
                  try updating the software... the process may show what ya got......
                  https://docs.homeseer.com/products/i...tick+-firmware

Name:	image.png
Views:	247
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	1579207

Comment

Originally posted by mccalml View Post
                    Hi - Any update here? I have a SmartStick+ that was purchased within days of 45rogue and can't tell what 'G' it is. I am having some issues and need to know if firmware updates apply.
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.jpg Views:	14 Size:	14.3 KB ID:	1577843

mccalml and ,

My SmartStick+ was purchased in Nov 2016 and looks like mccalml's photo. I believe it's a G2 as I don't remember seeing a G1 anywhere.

In Windows 10 on my machine, it shows up as COM device with driver UZB version 0.0.4.0 from 6/10/2013. This aligns with the SmartStick+ G2 driver download on HomeSeer's download page.

If I extract the drivers on the HomeSeer downloads page for the G3 model, it looks like it would show up as COM device with driver silabser version 10.1.8.2466 from 6/20/2019.

Comment

I am thinking it's a 500 series, with makes it a G2. This is present in the HS log at plug-in start up: "Controller chip type is ZW050x". Some docs on the Silicon Labs website confirm that this is 500 series hardware. I am on firmware 4.32 and I can't locate anything more recent.

Unrelated, the Silicon Labs
                      site also describes the lower frequency (better penetration) 800 series chips that are now out. Maybe z-wave is not dying...

Comment

Originally posted by mccalml View Post
                        I am thinking it's a 500 series, with makes it a G2. This is present in the HS log at plug-in start up: "[COLOR=#000000]Controller chip type is ZW050x". Some docs on the Silicon Labs website confirm that this is 500 series hardware. I am on firmware 4.32 and I can't locate anything more recent.
                        Mine is also ZW050x in the startup, so yeah 500 series. My only question was whether or not I had a G1, I have a G3 on order, but I don't think I've seen a G1 on the HomeSeer site since I've paid attention to it.

Comment

Working...
                        X