Honeywell CHW3610W1001 Wi-Fi Water Leak And Freeze Detector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checking to see if anyone is using this Wifi sensor?

I'm looking for new water sensors that I can have 16 feet of sensor cable.

It appears the that extension cables are available.

If you connect this to HS4 what plugin is available?

Click image for larger version  Name:	sensor.jpg Views:	0 Size:	32.2 KB ID:	1493024

Devoir

Honeywell typically uses proprietary protocols so likely HS will not have a plugin to support it. There are many options for water leak sensors including those that use RF such as Zigbee or LoRa that will do much better on battery life. Why do you need a wired connection and long cable?

Comment

Just finished installing a water filtration / softner system. I want to encircle the area around the water system incase there is a leak.

to encircle the area I need about 16-20 linear feet

Sounds like the Honeywell system is not HS4 friendly..

Click image for larger version  Name:	softner 1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	139.8 KB ID:	1493082

Devoir

Comment

What you are looking for is a rope sensor so you can wrap it around your area of interest rather than a single point sensor. I looked at Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Honeywell-RCH.../dp/B01J7EVB1G and see their unit is compatible with DLink, Honeywell, and can be extended for whatever length is needed.

It seems the sensor technology is the same with a change of conductivity when water is present and a high gain interface in the base unit. I notice in the Q&A section that they consider the interface to be proprietary.

There are many that sell some version of the product. One is https://www.coralvue.com/hydros-rope-leak-sensor is intended to put around the base of an aquarium to detect water leak there. It seems there may be local rather interface options with the advertisement indicating it can trigger alarms etc (i.e. dry contact output). I only scanned the listing, but this may help you with ideas to get the product that you desire.

Since the water leak is expected to be a rare event it may not need to be integrated with HS if you have other means of contact such as email or SMS being pushed when the alarm event occurs.

Comment

Working...
        X