Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New HS-SP100 WiFi Smart Plug with Energy Monitoring!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    New HS-SP100 WiFi Smart Plug with Energy Monitoring!

    Our latest product is a WiFi smart energy plug. HS-SP100 plugs into any 120v outlet and should work with any Tuya-compatible hub or software. The little unit will also work directly with Alexa and Google Home devices without a separate hub. Check it out here: https://shop.homeseer.com/products/h...rgy-monitoring

    Click image for larger version

Name:	HS-SP100-Box-300.png
Views:	416
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	1481739
    Learn About HomeSeer

    #2
    macromark,
    Is Homeseer going to support WiFi connected products? Natively or HS developed/supported Plug-in?
    BobSpen

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by BobSpen View Post
      macromark,
      Is Homeseer going to support WiFi connected products? Natively or HS developed/supported Plug-in?
      BobSpen
      This seems like an odd shift.
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

      Plug-Ins Enabled:
      Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
      weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

      Comment


        #4
        The move for HS plugins for Tuya and Zigbee seems to indicate a branching out from Zwave. Since the industry is moving in this direction it seems like a good more for HS as well.

        Comment


          #5
          Are these wifi plugs local control or do they require tuya cloud?

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Dweber85rc View Post
            Are these wifi plugs local control or do they require tuya cloud?
            If one reads the product page posted in the first post:

            "Supports local (non-cloud) operation when used with HomeSeer hubs"

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by TC1 View Post

              If one reads the product page posted in the first post:

              "Supports local (non-cloud) operation when used with HomeSeer hubs"
              But what communication method is being used? MQTT? Like the Shelly? The mention of having to configure using the Tuya app concerns me. I will stay away from these until I understand exactly how the Homeseer Hub controls these locally.

              Comment


                #8
                Is there going to be a UK version?

                Comment


                  #9
                  Once these are added to your system they are controlled locally, not through any cloud service. The Tuya cloud service is used to add the device. We don't have any plans for a UK version at this time. These modules also support energy monitoring. They are managed with our free Tuya plugin.
                  website | buy now | support | youtube

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Is this the only Tuya compatible device that Homeseer can control locally or can the plugin do this with other Tuya devices as well?

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by upstatemike View Post
                      Is this the only Tuya compatible device that Homeseer can control locally or can the plugin do this with other Tuya devices as well?
                      I currently control the IView bulbs with the Tuya plugin which are the ISB800 and the ISB1000. They work without any problems and have been used outside in extreme heat and cold with no failures.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by upstatemike View Post
                        Is this the only Tuya compatible device that Homeseer can control locally or can the plugin do this with other Tuya devices as well?
                        Local control is only available for Tuya devices that we have specifically coded that feature for. There is no way to automatically make this happen.
                        Learn About HomeSeer

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by garciacg View Post

                          But what communication method is being used? MQTT? Like the Shelly? The mention of having to configure using the Tuya app concerns me. I will stay away from these until I understand exactly how the Homeseer Hub controls these locally.
                          The Tuya Smart app will be required for adding all Tuya-compatible devices to your local WiFi network. After that, locally controllable devices (like the HS-SP100) will communicate directly to HomeSeer via your LAN while other Tuya devices will communicate via Tuya's cloud service.
                          Learn About HomeSeer

                          Comment


                            #14
                            These look like the standard Tuya/Smart Life Wifi plugin outlet you can already control with the HS Tuya plugin. Is there a difference with this device? If not then the pricing is way off as I have purchased this type of Tuya device at 4 for $20 not 1 for $21 directly from Amazon in the past.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Bigstevep View Post
                              These look like the standard Tuya/Smart Life Wifi plugin outlet you can already control with the HS Tuya plugin. Is there a difference with this device? If not then the pricing is way off as I have purchased this type of Tuya device at 4 for $20 not 1 for $21 directly from Amazon in the past.
                              Ours include energy monitoring and can be locally controlled via HomeSeer.
                              Learn About HomeSeer

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X