Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New HS-SP100 WiFi Smart Plug with Energy Monitoring!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do they speak MQTT?

Comment

Originally posted by garciacg View Post
      Do they speak MQTT?
      Not that I'm aware of...
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Will there be a dimmable version?

What wifi frequency?
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
          Will there be a dimmable version?

What wifi frequency?
          Dimmable lamp modules have largely disappeared due to the popularity of smart bulbs. So.. we're not planning to add one of those.

WiFi is 2.4 GHz
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Just to be clear - it looks like this requires HS4? I've been still on HS3 mainly due to various people having upgrade issues, in combination with my having many customizations to my HS3 setup (which I suspect may complicate upgrading) and simply not having needed to upgrade to HS4 (if it ain't broke, don't fix it). Perhaps if push is coming to shove, maybe it's time to upgrade, but if I can try one of these plugs without having to upgrade, I'd really like to do so...

Comment

Can these be used to monitor a dishwasher or clothes washer to see if they are still running?

Comment

Originally posted by CountryPlace View Post
                Can these be used to monitor a dishwasher or clothes washer to see if they are still running?
                Any energy monitoring plug can, you just need to setup your events correctly.
                • You first install your power plug and ensure their is a child device created that captures the current power usage.
                • Make sure you are running one of the data collection plugins (I use Jon00's).
                • As you run your appliance, you are collecting data. Once you have enough samples, use the graphing function on the plugin to see what the power draw is while active versus not running. For example, my washer will draw a minimum of 7 watts while running through its various cycles.
                • Simply setup an event that says "hey, if the washer power plug says >7 watts for at least 2 minutes, then set a virtual device that says washer is running". In this example I used 2 minutes because that is the polling frequency for how often the plug sends data to Homeseer.
                • Setup another event that says "hey, if the virtual washer says running and the power plug is <1 watt for at least 2 minutes, then send a text message and turn off the virtual washer device.
                You can apply this technique to any appliance in your home that draws power, you just need to understand its power profile while it's running vs off/idle.

Comment

At this point in the history of home automation, do we really need more products based on some proprietary service (Tuya)? I'd much rather see products based on Thread or Matter: https://buildwithmatter.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SteveW View Post
                    At this point in the history of home automation, do we really need more products based on some proprietary service (Tuya)? I'd much rather see products based on Thread or Matter: https://buildwithmatter.com/
                    I would rather see products that operate well below the overcrowded 2.4 GHz range. We need some LoRa color changing bulbs.

Comment

Originally posted by TC1 View Post
                      Any energy monitoring plug can, you just need to setup your events correctly.
                      ......[/LIST]You can apply this technique to any appliance in your home that draws power, you just need to understand its power profile while it's running vs off/idle.
                      Thanks! I've never owned an energy monitor so I really wasn't sure how they worked. I appreciate the instructions, too!!

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                        Once these are added to your system they are controlled locally, not through any cloud service. The Tuya cloud service is used to add the device. We don't have any plans for a UK version at this time. These modules also support energy monitoring. They are managed with our free Tuya plugin.
                        Just got my first set of SP-100 plugs and while I was able to get them added in the Tuya app and read into HS4, they do not show an IP address and are not locally connected. What gives?

Comment

Originally posted by shill View Post

Just got my first set of SP-100 plugs and while I was able to get them added in the Tuya app and read into HS4, they do not show an IP address and are not locally connected. What gives?
                          what version of the plugin are you running?
                          In the most recent version 4.0.34, you have to go to the Tuya tab for the device and enable local connection.
                          The plugin is supposed to discover the local IP addresses of your devices using UDP broadcast at startup, if for some reason that failed, then enter manually the local IP address of the device in this same tab.

Click image for larger version

Name:	localconnectionswitch.JPG
Views:	199
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	1509905

Comment

Thanks! Had to go hunt down the IP since it didn't discover it, and now need to get a DHCP reservation going, but that works. Downside seems to be significantly slower response time, though, ironically. Is that normal?

Comment

Working...
                            X