Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't get local control with HS-SP100 - Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't get local control with HS-SP100 - Solved!

I have Just installed the Tuya plugin on HomeTroller plus, Installed 2 smart plugs in the tuya app, read tuya devices, created HOMESEER devices, and the 2 HS-SP100 smart plugs work very nicely. I can't get the devices to acknowledge local control.

The issue is that even after selecting local control switch, the devices have never shown up as having a local connection.

The ip addresses in the Tuya plug in are blank, and the ip address showing up in the app on my phone for both devices are the WAN IP address. The Tuya app DOES show the Mac address for each HS-SP100 but I don't know how to use that to get the local control to take hold.

If I go back into each device and click on the Tuya tab, the switch does stay set to "local connection" but they still show as "Not Connected"

Does anyone have some experience or insight on this issue?

Ok well I guess a trouble ticket is in order for this issue. Complete local control is one of my main objectives and the HS-SP100 was advertised as having this capability. In the meantime perhaps someone will come across this thread who has solved the issue.

Comment

I recently fell for this stupid device. This is the worst device set up routine I've ever encountered in 5 years and 100+ Smart Home devices, and 20+ years as a network admin with 200+ IP devices in the home. These are terrible.

Comment

Hello spud I was told by Nick Cave of Homeseer support to reach out to you regarding not being able to get local control of of the HS-SP100 outlets I just purchased

(HSCS-11243).

I set them to local control in the Tuya app and it would not detect the IP addresses or stick. I then added the IP addresses manually by matching mac address to IP address shown in my hotspot hardware device. The outlets then showed as being local control under the HS4 device. When I diconnect Internet from my hotspot, the outlets do not work.

Not sure what to do now. These and the smart bulbs I purchased are not able to work locally and I'm told that you are the only person that can help. Thanks in advance.

Comment

bshermis Did you get them to work locally? Do you have something you already have used that works locally without Internet?

Comment

bshermis Besides the local control issue, the smart plugs seem to work nominally. You can search and connect them quite easily using the Tuya app (iPhone in my case), then read them in the homeseer app, and create homeseer devices. This all works quite easily provided you first use the Tuya app (again iPhone in my case). I have nothing else to compare them to so I'd love to hear more details about what you used that you like better. I can turn the HS-SP100 on and off with a power button on the unit itself, read current draw, line voltage, and see real time power consumption. It is also likely that you can use those parameters in events... As soon as the local control is fixed I should be able to do some cool stuff with them. If you are willing to share some similar devices that you have used with success that work locally and have similar capabilities... I am all ears.

Comment

I am adding some up to date information to this issue which is not yet solved, for documentation purposes. I am using Tuya plugin 4.0.34.0 and I did "Authorize" by adding my Tuya login credentials into the plug-in. Also there is a change to report when I view the device management page... All SP100 smart plugs are reporting an IP address.

When viewing any one smart plug individually under "devices", there is a green check mark next to STATE and they all report as being online three days ago at the same exact time.

LOCAL CONNECTION reports as connected.

None of this information changes if the internet is present or absent from the wireless hotspot that all Tuya devices and HomeTroller plus are connected to. When the internet connection is present, the devices respond to on/off commands. When the internet connection is absent, the devices do not respond.

Just to be clear, all devices and the HomeTroller Plus ARE CONNECTED to a WiFI hotspot "all of the time" and the only thing changing is the presence or absence of internet connectivity on that hotspot.

spud
              cowinger

Comment

Sorry for the delay

Even when used with locally connected devices, the plugin needs to be able to access the internet when it starts in order to know the list of devices linked to your account and the specifications for each device. These informations are not saved locally so you need to make sure internet is on when the plugin starts, once it is started and if you have only devices for which local connection is supported, you should be able to turn internet off, and the plugin should still be able to control them.

If this is not what you see, please enable "Log To File" and set the log file level to trace form the Tuya > settings page, then restart the plugin with internet on, turn internet off then try to control a device from HS. Then send me the Logs/Tuya.txt file.

Comment

Thanks spud. Followed your directions and attempted to turn on and off each of my Tuya devices: Smart plugs (and smart bulbs just to try it)... None working without Internet. txt file attached. Thank you.
                  Attached Files

Comment

In this file I see that the plugin is trying to use the cloud API to control your devices
                    I need to see the entire log file, from the moment you start the plugin, not just when you try to control the devices.

Comment

spud I don't know much about plugins but I am going to make an assumption that if I turn on logging and then restart the Hometroller plus, it will start the plugin? Otherwise I'm not sure how to stop/start it. The last file was created after the machine and hometroller were already up and running, but I did make sure Internet was present when booting the HomeTroller before making the file. If that is not going to accomplish what you need please provide further instructions. I am going to try it now the way I described. The most I know so far is how to install the plug-in... And I only did that one time in the beginning. File coming in a few minutes...

Comment

spud file attached
                        Attached Files

Comment

spud just checking if you received files left in support portal Jan 14...

Comment

Originally posted by connexion View Post
                            spud just checking if you received files left in support portal Jan 14...
                            yes I received the files, thanks! I'm working on this issue

Comment

FYI, I found the problem with the HS-SP100 local connection, I will release a beta version with a fix later this week.

Comment

Working...
                              X