Two Z-NET controllers on same Z-Wave Network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
    Curious to this as well. I have a 3500 sq ft. house and all works great. Is this something I should plan for in the future?

Also....a bit confused Randy. Did you build your own znets?
    No. They were all purchased from HomeSeer. I have just upgraded the Pi boards and SD cards.
    Randy Prade
    Aurora, CO
    Prades.net

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

Comment

Originally posted by djsaad1 View Post
      When getting another znet is it fine to migrate some devices over? Our should I exclude and include?

Also are you guys getting multiple znets because of distance? Or because you are wanting to limit the devices per znet? Is there a sweet spot on how many devices should be on one znet?
      My system was working fine with a single Z-Net until I passed 100 nodes. Then I started seeing some issues such as slowness and errors. I also had a number of nodes in my garage and my workshop, both of which were further from my one controller. Those distant nodes would generate failure errors from time to time. I am a little obsessive about errors in the log, so when I started seeing additional problems as y network grew larger, I put additional controllers in the Garage and workshop. I moved 16 or so nodes to each of the new controllers. This all but stopped any failed Z-Wave commands. This also sped the network up somewhat.

While the Z-Wave standard allows up to 232 nodes per network, I think the sweet spot is under 100 nodes.

You cannot easily migrate nodes from one network to another, so you will need to exclude from your primary and include into one of the new controllers. Be sure and filter and print Events that use any device you move so you can edit them afterwards.
      Randy Prade
      Aurora, CO
      Prades.net

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

Comment

I am adding a secondary Z-net to my system. I assume that with the new version of Zwave 3.0.2.0 the following has been replaced?
        ​​​​​​"Make this interface an inclusion controller (secondary) on another network"
        How should I add the secondary controller?

Comment

After you erase the secondary Z-Net (last item on the Actions menu), "Make this interface an inclusion controller (secondary) on another network" menu item should appear.

Attached Files

Comment

I did not erase it. I'll try that. Thank you

Comment

Working...
            X