Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can the UZB be swapped for another controller?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can the UZB be swapped for another controller?

Hi all,

Having invested already a fair bit in Z-wave tech, the latest was the Z-net interface which came with a UZB stick plugged into it (EU version)

I've had nothing but issues since I got it in Jan mainly around delays from the action to the doing but also most if not all my devices would not work in regards to instant status etc.
    I knew they all supported it as Fibaro HC2 worked fine with them as did the Aeotec z-stick.

I have now started over once again and gone back to z-stick which in all intents and purposes is now a fully usable system.

It has been suggested that potentially I could swap the UZB stick for the z-stick.
    Is this possible?
    From my understanding, the znet box is simply a usb > ip/network device.

If I did do this and then found it had the same fault as before with the full znet + uzb, could I simply then unplug the stick and put it back into the server going back to how I am running now?

The reason I wanted the znet device was ideally I wanted to run HS3 in a VM but I have now reverted back to it being on the server directly as I'm back to using z-stick.

Thanks in advance

That will work fine. The z-stick and the UZB appear to the raspi as the same type of device. So subbing in the z-stick will be transparent as far as the z-net is concerned.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for your reply. I have run the z-stick directly in the server for just over a month and can safely say it has been very stable to the point I have actually really started to like Homeseer (again).

Yesterday I have swapped the UZB stick and z-stick + moved HS3 over to the z-net device. Been just over 12 hours and so far things have stayed up, worked and overall no difference.
      If it remains this way, I can I think conclude in that the months of hell I've had where I was so close in throwing in the towel was the fault of the UZB device and not HS3.

What is annoying is the money spent on the UZB will never be seen again, I won't touch UZB again either but also this was the second replacement after the first one could not even add half the devices first time.

Fingers crossed but I can't get enough of "automation" at the moment and that is simply because I am not having to fix stability issues constantly now

Comment

Working...
      X