Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-net stops responding/disconnect

Hi,

I have a Z-net that have been working perfectly since I got it, until now!. Now it has started to suddenly shut down(?). Making my home setup unusable. Since I'm controlling everything as lights, heat, security, it is kind of a big deal!

Just like that, the Z-net just stops to respond:

okt-21 09:51:47 Z-Wave Warning Z-NET: Cannot connect to Z-Wave Ethernet at IP 192.168.1.158 port: 2001, Ex=Et connection attempt failed because the connected party did not respond correctly after a period of time or the established connection failed because the connected host did not answer 192.168.1.158:2001

okt-21 09:51:21 Z-Wave Warning Trying to re-connect to Ethernet interface at IP 192.168.1.158...
    okt-21 09:51:21 Z-Wave Note: Only one system may connect to an Ethernet interface at one time. If 2 systems are connecting to your Z-Wave interface, HomeSeer will not connect.

I don't have 2 systems running. If I check the Z-net, there is only a red light on the box.
    If I disconnect the power and re-plug it, it then starts and work fine for a few minutes. But then disconnects again!

I'm using LAN cable and the power source that came with the Z-net.
    I have cheked that the Z-net has the latest firmware.
    Version 1.0.23

Please advice me with further actions!
    Heat controll is a big issue atm...

When it boots up does the light turn YELLOW ​​​​​​for 10 Seconds?

Are you running static or dhcp?

​​​​​​
    Blair

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro | Blue-Iris 4 on Windows10Pro
    | Devices: 832 | Events: 211 |
    Plug-Ins: Z-Wave | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3 | Sonos
    BLLAN | BLLOCK | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blue-Iris4

Comment

Originally posted by BlairG View Post
      When it boots up does the light turn YELLOW ​​​​​​for 10 Seconds?

Are you running static or dhcp?

​​​​​​
      Have to check the light when I get home in a few hours. Will get back to you on that

I have tried DHCP and static.

Comment

I manage some 30+ Znets around town, and have encountered this before.

I run mine with dhcp reservations. Check see if you get the yellow light when you get home.
        Blair

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro | Blue-Iris 4 on Windows10Pro
        | Devices: 832 | Events: 211 |
        Plug-Ins: Z-Wave | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3 | Sonos
        BLLAN | BLLOCK | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blue-Iris4

Comment

Originally posted by BlairG View Post
          I manage some 30+ Znets around town, and have encountered this before.

I run mine with dhcp reservations. Check see if you get the yellow light when you get home.
          Checked my Z-net when I came home. And it worked as I should. Have not disconnected after all my problems this afternoon, so I don't know what the problem was.

restarted it, just to check what you asked, and I can't see a yellow light at all. Only red and green.
          Expect the one at the LAN port, but I'm guessing that is not the one you was referring to

Will monitor it closely the next few days.
          But could this problem be related to a sketchy router?
          My router have been acting a bit weird the last few days. Stops forwarding the internet connection at unregular intervals. Yet I had no issues with the router in the time span the Z-net was being difficult..

Comment

Working...
          X