• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Nets falling off find.homeseer and screwing up Zwave

Click image for larger version

Name:	znet.png
Views:	151
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	1263816 I have three Z-Nets all connecting to Homeseer using wifi and fairly often one will lose its identity from find.homeseer and Homeseer automatically reconnects to one of the other wifi interfaces with poor signal and bad results. I have tried using DHCP for the Z-nets and reserved their IPs with the routers as well as trying static IP for the Z-Nets with similar results. Only way to restore things is to reboot the Z-net, then disable the interface and then reenable the interface. Network is robust with good signal and no DHCP conflicts. When the offending Z-Net is not found by find.homeseer, I can still ping it and I can still access its webpage. All Z-nets are version 1.0.23.

As an example, the attached image shows what happens when I lose Z-Net DadsRoom from find.homeseer. It reconnects to Kitchenwifi interface.

Any help appreciated.

Don't know why a Z-Net would disappear from find.homeseer, but obviously it is. To remove the dependency on that, change the interface model from 'HomeSeer Z-NET Ethernet' to 'Ethernet Interface', assign the Z-Net's IP address and port 2001.

Comment

Thanks! Never thought to try this. I have made the changes and we shall see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post
        Don't know why a Z-Net would disappear from find.homeseer, but obviously it is. To remove the dependency on that, change the interface model from 'HomeSeer Z-NET Ethernet' to 'Ethernet Interface', assign the Z-Net's IP address and port 2001.
        I have helped two other members where the host name of their Z-Net stopped showing up on their HS server. We changed them to IP and set them to DHCP reservation and they have been good since. I never dug in to see why the hostname disappeared.

He should also set a reservation (preferred) or set a static IP.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Update:

Having made the change suggested by zwolfpack, I have had absolutely no more issues. My Z-wave network has significantly improved. I put all Z-Nets to DHCP and used DHCP reservations for their IPs on the routers.

A while back I wrote a script to scrape the Z-Wave Node Information page and display only nodes that had more than one hop in my Z-wave network. I use this to quickly see whats going on. I call it "Troubled Nodes" and before I would have up to 40 nodes on the list (some with three and four hops) and things were always changing. Now, the network is stable and I only have two hop nodes.

Thanks again for your help.

Click image for larger version

Name:	troubled nodes.png
Views:	104
Size:	374.5 KB
ID:	1264446

Comment

Originally posted by prsmith777 View Post
            A while back I wrote a script to scrape the Z-Wave Node Information page and display only nodes that had more than one hop in my Z-wave network.
            Would you be willing to share that script?

HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
            Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Working...
            X