X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mikee123
    replied
    That gives me a page not found error.

Anyway, even after deleting the zwave2.db file, another erase and restore network, upgrade to .489, polling turned off, I still have the same problems. I am running out of ideas (and patience)

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    https://homeseer.com/updates3/SetupHS3_3_0_0_491.msi seems the newest

Leave a comment:

• sparkman
    replied
    You can still download it here: https://homeseer.com/updates3/SetupHS3_3_0_0_458.msi

Leave a comment:

• mikee123
    replied
    If I have issues again I might give .489 beta a try. Where can I find the .458 msi in case I want to go back ?

Leave a comment:

• jvm
    replied
    Originally posted by sparkman View Post
    AFAIK .489 has no queuing related changes, but only improved debugging capabilities to allow troubleshooting of the dropped event callback queue issue.
    You may be right - I had seen something on the forums that .489 addressed some queuing issues, but that may have all been conjecture - maybe its coincidence that some of the problems I was having (including queue overflow messages int he log) improved or disappeared when I installed .489 -- perhaps the install fixed an issue somewhere else. Its anybody's guess as to why, but nonetheless, HS3 is working better for me now.

Leave a comment:

• mikee123
    replied
    Thats what I thought from reading the post. So I'll leave that alone for the moment and hope my system stabilizes... Last night I did have a few errors in the log, but all devices executed the commands, but some with delays. But no other errors since

Jan-10 22:48:29 Z-Wave Error Failed sending Z-Wave command to device: Lights Kitchen Plinth lights middle
    Jan-10 22:47:29 Z-Wave Error Failed sending Z-Wave command to device: Lights Kitchen Plinth Lights Micro
    Jan-10 22:45:29 Z-Wave Error Failed sending Z-Wave command to device: Lights Bedroom Red bedside lights
    Jan-10 22:42:48 Z-Wave Error Failed sending Z-Wave command to device: Thermostat HVAC AC Mode
    Jan-10 22:36:36 Z-Wave Error Failed sending Z-Wave command to device: Lights Garden Outside tree
    Jan-10 20:50:36 Z-Wave Error (2) Sensor Multilevel Report for type Relative_Humidity received, but the corresponding device Node ID cannot be found.(2) Node/Instance=98/-1
    Jan-10 20:21:22 Z-Wave Error Failed sending Z-Wave command to device: Thermostat HVAC Lounge TRV mode
    Jan-10 20:00:01 Z-Wave Error Failed sending Z-Wave command to device: Lights Kitchen Plinth lights sink
    Jan-10 20:00:00 Z-Wave Error Failed sending Z-Wave command to device: Lights Kitchen Plinth Lights Micro
    Jan-10 19:42:23 Z-Wave Error Failed sending Z-Wave command to device: Thermostat HVAC Study TRV mode
    Jan-10 19:15:59 Z-Wave Error Failed sending Z-Wave command to device: AV Lounge Tablet charger lounge

Leave a comment:

• sparkman
    replied
    AFAIK .489 has no queuing related changes, but only improved debugging capabilities to allow troubleshooting of the dropped event callback queue issue.

Leave a comment:

• mikee123
    replied
    Originally posted by jvm View Post
    Another thought -- if you are using Windows, there is a new .489 beta posted that I am running. Its referenced here: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...r-on-460/page6

I'm also using the latest beta Z-Wave plugin. The .489 beta seems to improve on some queuing problems with HS and has made my system much more responsive. You might want to give it a try before you go through the more difficult problem of changing interfaces.
    I did another zwave backup and restore. 26 Hours and its still running... not sure it will last though. I had a look at the .489 beta. I think the improvements with queuing are just for event callback though ? Or would that be for zwave too ?

Leave a comment:

• jvm
    replied
    Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
    With regards to moving over to the Aeon labs, I thought thats what I needed to do. Just one thing, If I do that, wouldnt I try to pair my nodes with 2 controllers ? And if yes, I thought you could only pair with 1 controller. Also, if I do that and go back to the Z-Net, don't I have to erase the Aeon labs somehow ?
    No, you don't want to pair with two controllers. In theory, Z-Wave allows multiple controllers, but its actually quite difficult to implement in practice. Its better to restore your network to a new controller - the new controller, with the restored network, will take on the ID of the old one and your nodes should not "see" a difference.

Leave a comment:

• jvm
    replied
    Another thought -- if you are using Windows, there is a new .489 beta posted that I am running. Its referenced here: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...r-on-460/page6

I'm also using the latest beta Z-Wave plugin. The .489 beta seems to improve on some queuing problems with HS and has made my system much more responsive. You might want to give it a try before you go through the more difficult problem of changing interfaces.

Leave a comment:

• mikee123
    replied
    Thats more a last resort option then, as it it doesnt improve my situation I would want to go back to Z-Net. Is there anything compatible with a Z-Net restore ? I think they stopped selling the Z-nets in Europe

Leave a comment:

• drparker151
    replied
    I'm running the Z-stick on my SEL. In the actions under the Z-wave plugin there is not an option for restore. There are options for;

Import Node info from controller and scan devices
    Receive Network from another controller

Not sure how well these perform and if they will work, I've never done it.

Leave a comment:

• mikee123
    replied
    Originally posted by drparker151 View Post
    Aeotec has their own backup and restore software.
    That probably means that I cannot restore to it from the Z-Net

Leave a comment:

• drparker151
    replied
    Aeotec has their own backup and restore software.

Leave a comment:

• mikee123
    replied
    Thanks for your very comprehensive post. I have restarted the zwave interface multiple times. It always fixes the issue, sometimes for an hour, if I'm lucky 3 or 4 hours. Given how my network behaves, it seems to be busy, that I think is the issue. When issuing commands, I can sometimes see that there are 'stuck' in cmd Q, I can see the cound go uo, then a minute later lots of things turn on/off and the queue reduces. But even if the queue is 0, the network seems to be busy as commands get stuck and or be completely unreachable. I have tried backing up and restoring the network, and optimized a few nodes after. That worked for a few days before it got worse again. I have turned the power off to a few nodes at a time to see if there might be a faulty one causing problems, but the network still locks up. I have not managed to power down and test all nodes, some are a bit trickier do power down. I have a mix of older and zwave+, about 25 to 30 of my 68 nodes are zwave+. I have never tried deleting the zwave2.db file, I'll try that tonight. I also have the button to reset zwave data, but have no idea what that does so never touched it.
    With regards to moving over to the Aeon labs, I thought thats what I needed to do. Just one thing, If I do that, wouldnt I try to pair my nodes with 2 controllers ? And if yes, I thought you could only pair with 1 controller. Also, if I do that and go back to the Z-Net, dont I have to erase the Aeon labs somehow ?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X