Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will there be an upgrade path to Z-Wave 700? Do I need one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will there be an upgrade path to Z-Wave 700? Do I need one?

Hi Folks,

As Z-wave 700 devices start to come out this year, will they work with my z-net? If not, is there or will there be a path to upgrade my existing z-net to a z-wave 700 compatible device?

The z-net would need an upgrade to the z-wave daughterboard, bu the 500 series controller should be fully compatible with 700 series devices. Here's a good blog posting from DrZWave about the 700 series chips and the testing he has done so far: https://drzwave.blog/2018/12/19/z-wa...-announcement/
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

The article indicates that everything is still in beta until around March 2019.

It sounds to me like it’s still a ways off until this will be something we are all actually implementing. I would bet that we start seeing new 700 series devices come out first, and as Sparkman said will be comparable with our existing transceivers, then it will prompt HS to update the Homeseer transceivers to take advantage of the benefits of the new devices.....just a hunch. There really isn’t a need for HS to update their transceivers if new devices are comparable with their existing 500 series transceivers and the 700 series devices haven’t been released yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
      Plugin's:
      BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
      EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
      weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Working...
      X