Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upgrade to Z-Net. Unable to restore backup.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the conversion script. Worked great for my Z-Stick S2 to Gen5 upgrade. Never noticed the pluging let's you backup all you want but not restore.
    Very happy now.

Comment

Can someone help fill in the gaps please.
      Have followed zwolfpack post #37
      How do I run the script on the z-wave backup to generate the bin file for the Aotec Z-stick tool.

Trying to replace a flacky z-wave.me with aotec on a win 10 server with HS4Pro

Looked at the Zensys tools but cannot get any sense out of it.

Think I might be getting too old for this tech, either that or lockdown is scrambling what brain I have.

Comment

Originally posted by palli View Post
        Can someone help fill in the gaps please.
        Have followed zwolfpack post #37
        How do I run the script on the z-wave backup to generate the bin file for the Aotec Z-stick tool.
        I never posted the detailed procedure because the other poster figured it out on his own. From post #37
        1. Download Perl: http://strawberryperl.com/download/5....0.1-64bit.msi. Run the installer, answering all prompts with the default answer.
        2. Download Aeotec Z-Stick Gen5 Backup Tool to your Downloads folder. Unzip this, will create folder "Z-Stick Gen5 Backup Tool"
        3. Download the script archive from post #14. Open this and copy the file named ZWave-to-zme.pl to the "Z-Stick Gen5 Backup Tool" folder created in step (2).
        4. Locate the Z-Wave backup you want to restore. These are in the Data/Z-Wave folder under the HS3/4 application root. It'll have a .ZWave extension. Copy this file to the "Z-Stick Gen5 Backup Tool" folder as well.
        5. Open a Windows cmd shell (from Windows search, enter 'cmd' and select 'Command Prompt application') and navigate to the "Z-Stick Gen5 Backup Tool" folder from step (2): commands cd Downloads; cd "Z-Stick Gen5 Backup Tool"
        6. Run the ZWave-to-zme.pl script: command perl ZWave-to-zme.pl Your_backup.ZWave replacing Your_backup.ZWave with the file copied in step (3). This will create memory image file Your_backup.ZWave.bin
        7. Make sure your new controller device is in place. Determine what COM port it is on, and ensure that its not connected in the Z-Wave plugin.
        8. Start the Aeotec application: command zwave_500.exe ... Aeotec GUI will open.
        9. Select Settings->Port and select the COM port of your new device. Message 'Load ZStick Success' should appear at the bottom.
        10. Select 'Write EPROM'. This opens a file chooser; navigate and select the Your_backup.ZWave.bin file created in step (6).
        11. On completion popup 'Eeprom Write Finish ... ' appears ... you're done!

Comment

Thank you that sorted it.
          It was the PERL command that got me.

Comment

Working...
          X