Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upgrade to Z-Net. Unable to restore backup.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't understand why you don't use Zensys Tools and Z-stick Gen5 backup Tool. Works and not only for Aeotec controllers.

Comment

Hi all, I have just purchased another Z-Net and also having issues restoring backup, my original Z-Net that is the source of the backup has the password 'hsthsths3' so its from an older batch (according to rprade Here post #3) and I'm trying to restore the .zwave backup to one of the newer blue Z-Net devices, during the restore it says "Restoring Data ...." in another posts I've read when this happens the restore is not working correctly.

When the restore completes, all the devices (~100 in total, 60 of which are listening devices) are there however all of them either have 0 or 1 neighbors and no amount of rescan/full or light rediscover nodes/ zwavedb resets will pull back any more neighbors.

Do you guys know if zwolfpacks scripts could assist me in restoring my backup to a newer Z-Net ?

HomeSeer 3 + ZWave Plugin : 3.0.2.0 or Beta 3.0.2.5

Source Z-NET: Lib Version = 4.05 , API Version = 5, Zwave IC = ZW050x
      Destination Z-NET : Lib Version = 6.01 , API Version = 8, Zwave IC = ZW050x

Many thanks
      Mike

Comment

Hi,

I also ran into problems thinking that backup and restore from HS would work. Since it's there in the menu. Now I have a HS-made backup from a UZB and a network that wont restore properly.
        As mush as I would like to use zwolfpack's solution I'm not familiar with using scripts and frankly don't understand how to get it done. Is there some way to convert a HS-made backup to something useful that can in restored on a UZB using some other method? Or can someone please help and explain in greater detail how to do it with scripts?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Revell View Post
          Is there some way to convert a HS-made backup to something useful that can in restored on a UZB using some other method? Or can someone please help and explain in greater detail how to do it with scripts?
          Describe you system setup, specifically

- HS running on Windows or Linux?
          - UZB plugged directly to the HS machine, or using a Z-Net?

The script package presented in post #14 utilizes a tool provided by the manufacturer of the UZB to write to the device. This tool runs on a Linux box, such a Z-Net or the HS-Pi units.

Comment

Originally posted by mikesnook View Post

Do you guys know if zwolfpacks scripts could assist me in restoring my backup to a newer Z-Net ?

HomeSeer 3 + ZWave Plugin : 3.0.2.0 or Beta 3.0.2.5

Many thanks
            Mike
            Run away, run away from the 3.0.2.5 Z-Wave beta. Trashier than my doggie poop pail.

3.0.2.0 is the most stable I've found, and it still needs restarting every 3.5 hours!

Comment

HS3 running on Windows 10 laptop and UZB-stick plugged directly to that laptop USB.
              I'm afraid I have no experience with Linux. Was hoping for something that runs on Windows.

Comment

Originally posted by Revell View Post
                HS3 running on Windows 10 laptop and UZB-stick plugged directly to that laptop USB.
                I'm afraid I have no experience with Linux. Was hoping for something that runs on Windows.
                There may be a way... to start, you'll need toIf you want to pursue this, let me know and I'll detail the procedure.

Comment

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post

There may be a way... to start, you'll need toIf you want to pursue this, let me know and I'll detail the procedure.
                  Downloaded, unzipped and installed! I also found the backup file. However, the file is only 1 KB in size. Is that normal or could there be a problem there already?

Thanks very much for your time and help.

Comment

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post

Holy ****! It worked! I ran the script using Perl and wrote the output file to the UZB using the Backup Tool. Now all Homeseer devices have their original node numbers and the network works.
                    You have my deepest thanks! Many of you on here know the PITA of re including all devices and thanks to zwolfpack I don't have to do it. I don't think I ever came this close to a xmas miracle before 🎄😂

Comment

Nice job! Congratulations and Happy Holidays!

Comment

I am using a USB Z-Wave.me controller with HS4 on a RaspberryPi4 with PiOS.
                        I want to program my spare controller (also Z-Wave.me) and folowed the instruction that I found on this thread.
                        If I create a backup of the current NVRAM contents I get an error message that reading the NVM data failed:

Code:
                        using port /dev/ttyACM0...

Z-WAVE Serial API Tool
                        Version:LWE0.9
                        by Z-WAVE>ME

Openning port .............................. OK
                        Reading NVM data .............................. FAILED

Error 0 returned 1 for ACK

Reading NVM data [===============> ] (31%)
                        Error 1 returned 12 for ACK
                        etc, etc.
                        I disabled the controller before this backup procudure.

Any ideas where it goes wrong?
                        -- Cor --

Comment

If the controller works with HS4, I'd expect it to work with the ZWave.me updater tool as well. I have seen the tool fail occasionally but work on second try.

I've not tested on a Raspberry Pi 4.

Does reading of either of the UZB's fail the in same way?

Comment

Yes, I tried several times with both UZB's.

After my excercise I saw the remark in post#31 and I gave Z-stick Gen5 backup Tool a try. It worked flawlessly.

So I would like to thank my fellow countryman Lou for his hint.
                            -- Cor --

Comment

Excellent. I should have suggested the Aeotec tool given the success reported in post #39.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you zwolfpack and others! With the instructions in this thread, I was finally able to transfer zwave network from UZB stick to Z-Net (EU version).

Comment

Working...
                                X