Outdoor Motion Sensor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outdoor Motion Sensor?

Has anyone found a motion sensor(z-wave) that can really tolerate outside weather conditions?

I just had an Aeon Multisensor 6 that had been outside a little more than a year, that died. It is supposed to be designed for outside(protected areas). I had it well under a solid deck so it was pretty well out of the weather. I ripped it apart and saw lots of "growth" of gunk around the main IC and some other circuits. I did not observe any special protection of the PC board and circuits. I would have expected they might have a corrosion resistant coating on the assembly since it's not repairable but NO. Others experience?

The new HS one is outdoor rated but needs to be hard wired. It was intended to be used with flood lights but can be used by itself as well.
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

The ZSE29 from Zooz is supposed to be outdoor rated.
      Finally, an outdoor sensor! PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS The first Z-Wave motion sensor made for outdoors Great for flood light automation and monitoring Adjust LUX trigger and motion time-out right from the sensor (no advanced configuration is available, motion sensitivity can't be changed) CHECK HUB COMPATIBILITY BEFORE BUYING

Comment

Originally posted by jmedemar View Post
        The ZSE29 from Zooz is supposed to be outdoor rated.
        I bought a couple of these a few years ago--but it was another manufacturer but looked identical. They both died(inside) after a few months so I'm kind of sour on these. Anybody have extended experience with this model, especially outdoors?

Comment

I have an Optex vx-402 about 5 feet off the ground on wall facing outward next to the garage door. It is a dual beam motion so objects have to cross both beams eliminating false alarms. Bought it and installed it in July of 2007 and it is still working well. The only think I can see is that the plastic lens is getting beat up from the uv and starting to get small cracks along the outside edges. Not a bad run 2007- 2019. Got the beams so they catch cars, peolple walking and small dogs rabbits and cats sneak by. But it did notify me about the deer in the drivewsy.
          Stuart

Comment

I saw where Philips Hue is coming out with an actual outdoor rated motion sensor. They say it will be in stock in February. You can go to their website to see it and maybe pre-order some. Not cheap though.

Comment

Here it is: https://www2.meethue.com/en-us/p/hue...r/046677541736

Philips Hue is Zigbee (not Z-Wave), correct?

Comment

Originally posted by JDeRose View Post
                Here it is: https://www2.meethue.com/en-us/p/hue...r/046677541736

Philips Hue is Zigbee (not Z-Wave), correct?
                Yes, Hue is ZigBee and you would need to run something like the JowiHue plugin
                HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
                Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML
                Scripts: SparkMan's Lock Event, 5 of Jon00 scripts.

Comment

I’m wondering if it is just IR? If so, wouldn’t it give a lot of false triggers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
                  Plugin's:
                  BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
                  EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
                  weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Working...
                  X