Can’t connect after adding distance device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can’t connect after adding distance device

I have a zwave switch (regular, not zwave+) it’s out of direct z-net range. After adding it to network by taking z-net to the switch, and leaving z-net close to switch, HS3 can talk to the switch, everything works. But if when I move z-net back to its normal spot, it lost connection to that switch.

I did a full optimization of this switch with z-net near by, it discovered some neighbors. When I move z-net away, it lost connection again. I haven’t tried full optimization of its neighbors with z-net near by for fear of messing their routes.

How should I deal with this short of getting another interface ?

Don't optimize when the z-net is not in it's normal location. Optimize devices around it that you can talk to and they should be able to find the switch.
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Definitely as sparkman said - dont optimze it that close. You're better off going to some midway location between the new switch and the Z-Net's home to optimize.
      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
        Don't optimize when the z-net is not in it's normal location. Optimize devices around it that you can talk to and they should be able to find the switch.
        Thank you both.

With z-net at its normal home location, should I use “optimize” or “full optimize” on nodes around the problem switch?

After the neighbors find this switch, do I need to do optimize or fill optimize on the switch again?

And if above fails, move z-net half way between its normal home and the problem switch and try above again?

I never really understand the difference between “optimize” vs “full optimize”. Is it correct the optimize a node make it trying to find all the neighbor it can talk to, but the node doesn’t do anything with this information besides store it on the controller? Full optimize a node makes it discover its neighbors (and the neighbors neighbors?) and use that info to find a route back to the controller?

Comment

That's my understanding as well. If your network contains z-wave+ nodes too, then I'd use the procedure outlined here: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...18#post1259063
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Working...
          X