Can ZTroller be used as secondary controller to Z-Net

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can ZTroller be used as secondary controller to Z-Net

I have 25 zwave devices (mostly old, 2 zwave+). After migrating from HS2/ZTroller to HS3/Z-Net and moving Z-Net to a more central location, most devices work well, except two distance old switches, so I am thinking about using the old ZTroller to talk to them. From what I read here it seem for large network it is better to split network with two controllers than using 2nd controller as secondary. For 25-30 devices, would a secondary controller the better (or easier) approach?

When I tried to add ZTroller to HS3, it always create a separate network, I can't see the option to make it secondary for some reason. What did I miss?

Do you have the option shown highlighted in your controller actions menu?
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post
      Do you have the option shown highlighted in your controller actions menu?
      No I don’t see that option. Only see back up interface, restore etc. The option you highlighted below that is missing.

Comment

Originally posted by cjin View Post

No I don’t see that option. Only see back up interface, restore etc. The option you highlighted below that is missing.
        That's likely your answer, unfortunately. Appears that capability is not supported on your controller

Comment

Don't know the HS2 line but it what you have based on the Raspberry Pi? If it is then you likely can just load the Z-Net software on it. I just turn old Zee S2 into Z-Nets buy just changing out the microSD card with one that has the Z-Net software loaded.

If not then ignore this post.
          HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
          Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
          Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
          3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
          4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
          3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
          SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

Comment

Originally posted by Timon View Post
            Don't know the HS2 line but it what you have based on the Raspberry Pi? If it is then you likely can just load the Z-Net software on it. I just turn old Zee S2 into Z-Nets buy just changing out the microSD card with one that has the Z-Net software loaded.

If not then ignore this post.
            Don’t think ZTroller is based on RPi. I got it working with a Z-Net but can only create a separate ZWave network with it. I’d imagine it should be able to act as a secondary controller on the same network, but I can’t figure out how to do it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X