Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Net / Z-Wave crash course needed

Hi,

Almost all my controlled devices are Insteon. It always worked. Maybe 2 years ago I added a Z-Net interface in order to add a few Z-Wave Door, Motion sensors, HEM. It worked well while receiving information.

Two weeks ago I added my first controlled Z-Wave device, a door lock. I have an event that simply does : If Door = Closed and Lock = Unlock Then Lock. The condition is re-evaluated 30 Sec later with Do not re-trigger for...

Some time it will work and other time not. I'm getting random Z-Wave error. Looking at the log it seem to eventually succeed. This morning it took (11) attempts, 6 minutes. In that time-frame I successfully received a battery status from a door sensor.

Is it a Z-Net error, Plug-in error or Lock error?

I'm not very familiar with Z-Net or Z-Wave so I end-up clicking left and right on Audit, Optimize etc... with no real objectives. I saw the post from Rick about the no need to optimize if connectivity is good. So I backed-up my config, restored, Connectivity was Excellent and I left it like that. But still have random errors. I back with poking around with Optimization.

Now wondering how I can plan my troubleshooting..

Click image for larger version

Name:	ZWave error.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	174.2 KB
ID:	1345524

Z-Net : Version 1.0.22 on a static IP
    Z-Wave Plugin : 3.0.1.252
    Lock : Z-Wave

Door locks seem to be among the worst when it comes to z-wave communication problems--in my experience anyway. If it is your only device, it's likely that it's struggling to communicate with the z-net since you don't have a mesh network yet. Installing a repeater type device somewhere between the two, or moving the z-net nearer the lock, will likely help. The more z-wave devices you add (mains powered type, not battery as they don't act as repeaters), the better communication with the lock should become.
    -Wade

Comment

Working...
    X