Secondary Z-net added as an secondary inclusion controller - Some Errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Secondary Z-net added as an secondary inclusion controller - Some Errors

rjh So, the question is, is this gonna be ok or do I need to remove it and start over... Firstly, I followed what rjh posted in another thread. I got my second Z-Net yesterday and was itching to add it to fix some really slow responsiveness at the far end of my house on the 2nd floor. Tried to get routing to solve my issues but it never routed anywhere near what I thought it would. Most every device in a wall switch configuration is a homeseer device with 3 exceptions. I have 100's and 200's, the floodlight sensors and some "golfball" motion sensors.

When i added the secondary zwave controller, all went well with being able to select it as a secondary. However as it added itself, replicated the data there where several warnings and a few errors. I ended up with it showing up as node 58. It showed up as a sigma controller. Not sure if that is right. Child devices were not created according to log and security key was not exchanged. see the images of the logs.

I was able to reassign the devices to the interface or set to auto, but decided to stop if I have to remove everything and start over.

If I have to what do I need to do differently?

Is there a way to salvage this without removing it?
    Will re-scanning or doing something different help?

I look forward to sharing help thank you.

Click image for larger version

Name:	B0A908A1-5F5A-4897-9646-15216169C89D.jpeg
Views:	247
Size:	171.6 KB
ID:	1350049

Name:	5BD2048F-242C-4181-A020-FA3C14A29683.jpeg
Views:	253
Size:	167.8 KB
ID:	1350050

Name:	image_84672.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	1350044

Name:	64406959-3E88-4ABD-BA2D-D5E4FFA476A2.jpeg
Views:	247
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	1350052

SIGMA?????

Name:	image_84668.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	1350042

Attached Files

You should add your second Z-Wave controller as a separate network to gain the ability to place each one in an area to control the devices nearest to that Z-Net.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Just an update. Everything seems to have slowly worked itself out, except security. The devices on the side of the house nearest the new controller have updated their route to the new controller ONCE I set the devices to Auto select the best controler and more importantly the devices that where at 9.6k with weird routes have jumped to 100k direct or 100k with routing. Even my outside floodlight/lux/pir sensor that never had neighbors or a route has now routed to the closest switch near the new controller.

Speed has completely returned to what I would call normal.

So although I struggled in my decision to either add the new controller as a separate network, as per Rupp's suggestion as well as others, I think maybe the constant improvement of the controller firmwares and/or zwave improvement/changes makes it work as a secondary controller just as well. YMMV.

The security key exchange is still bugging me.

Nac

Comment

I run using inclusion mode and it generally work quite well. I will say that the fewer non plus 40KHz Z-Wave nodes that better off you are.At least I'm down to 4 old Evolve nodes and a couple other type of nodes.

I did go through my nodes one by one and set the controller box to assign during optimize which I found worked quite well. It usually will connect the node to the controller that it can best communicate with. I may yet add a second inclusion controller once I've had some time with the current layout.

In my case I'm running a SmartStick+ on my Intel NUC that runs HS3 and a Z-Net for my inclusion controller. One thing I've thought about is to put my SS+ on a USB extension cable to get it away from the other equipment near by even if only by a few feet.
        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
        Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
        Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
        3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
        4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
        3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
        SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

Comment

Working...
        X