No neighbors after upgrading to Z-NET

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No neighbors after upgrading to Z-NET

For a while, my HUSBZB-1 was having trouble communicating with some of the more distant devices and it wasn't in the greatest location, so I replaced it with a Z-NET. I backed up the controller, deleted the interface, and restored after adding the Z-NET. Right away I noticed that the controller could reach almost all of the nodes directly, which is a huge improvement. I optimized the network a few times and did a full optimize. All the nodes are communicating, and all my events are working as before.

However, I noticed a few things that are different:

1. The Z-NET, which replaced my previous controller as Node 1, now lists all the nodes within range as neighbors, including the ones that aren't repeaters. The previous controller only listed nearby repeaters as neighbors. Does each controller list its neighbors differently or does HomeSeer control that?

2. All the nodes within range are only showing the controller as a neighbor, instead of all the other nodes that they used to see. Why aren't the others listed anymore?

3. The nodes that supposedly have no neighbors are communicating just fine, but I'm unable to perform any optimization functions. Also, some of those nodes are sitting right next to other nodes formerly considered as neighbors. Why would a node with "no neighbors" still be able to communicate and yet show a communication error when I try to optimize?

I have had some of the same problems. I bought some Zooz Dimmers S2 model, and they fail to optimize when I use the Full Optimize from the controller most of the time. But what I found was if you go into the webpage then click on Plugins --> ZWave --> Node Information --> Pick your node to optimize --> click on ZWave Tab --> click on Optimize. It will only say that it succeeded. It does not tell you what the neighbors are. To see that you have to go back to Plugins --> ZWave --> Node Information. This seems to work for me even when the Full optimization does not. So this has been my workaround. Your Mileage May Vary.
    A computer's attention span is as long
    as it's powercord.

Comment

I have a feeling that the issue is with the Z-Wave plugin, and not the Z-NET or the individual nodes. Some of the harder to reach nodes are now routing through their neighbors, even though they are still showing 0 neighbors. I think that everything is working fine, and the data is just not being displayed correctly.

Comment

Working...
      X