Remote Z-Net over LTE connection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remote Z-Net over LTE connection?

I manage several short term rental properties and always install a ZNET at the properties across a VPN to control it from a PC at my home. I have someone who wants his cabin controlled but no access to internet in the area. My only two options seem like satellite and LTE. I don't believe LTE can get an incoming connection across it. Any idea on how I could make this work?

You can do LTE and VPN. Depending on the LTE provider and account you have you may have to originate the connection from the LTE side.

Comment

Originally posted by simplextech View Post
      You can do LTE and VPN. Depending on the LTE provider and account you have you may have to originate the connection from the LTE side.
      I am using a netgear LB1121 on T-mobile. They told me they do not allow any incoming connections of any kind. Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by s389j View Post

I am using a netgear LB1121 on T-mobile. They told me they do not allow any incoming connections of any kind. Any ideas?
        I have two of the netgear LTE modems and AT&T.

The carrier does not "technically" support incoming from a consumer account which I think you have? However they do not block outgoing connections. This is the reverse connection I mentioned. You will need to originate the VPN connection from the client side.

A lot of this is going to depend on the client side equipment you're using. Other than the netgear LTE modem what router are you using? Can it originate the VPN connection? If not you may need to use another VPN connector or router. Unifi USG is a good choice and very easy to configure for a more advanced setup I'd recommend a Mikrotik router.

For client locations I tend to drop a box for remote management so I can always access the network when needed.

Comment

Originally posted by simplextech View Post

I have two of the netgear LTE modems and AT&T.

The carrier does not "technically" support incoming from a consumer account which I think you have? However they do not block outgoing connections. This is the reverse connection I mentioned. You will need to originate the VPN connection from the client side.

A lot of this is going to depend on the client side equipment you're using. Other than the netgear LTE modem what router are you using? Can it originate the VPN connection? If not you may need to use another VPN connector or router. Unifi USG is a good choice and very easy to configure for a more advanced setup I'd recommend a Mikrotik router.

For client locations I tend to drop a box for remote management so I can always access the network when needed.
          I am going to have to try and bench test this. I am 100% unifi at all my properties.

Comment

Originally posted by s389j View Post

I am going to have to try and bench test this. I am 100% unifi at all my properties.
            Good luck.

Comment

Working...
            X