Help! Im getting random devices turning on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! Im getting random devices turning on

My system has been stable for sometime until last few weeks, devices have been turning themselves on. Nothing in the logs (inc Z-net log) is telling me homeseer is doing it. It just logs 'Device set' as if someone turned it on. Can some please provide me a tips or a guide how to diagnose why it happening?
    All device are associated directly with the homeseer controller and on socket, have 'ALL on' disabled. Iv also not made any plug-in\HS software updates.

A lot of my ZWave devices went wonky this morning waking us up as a lot of them turned on. I went in, disabled the ZWave plugin and reenabled it and they all went back. Looks like HS still had their status as OFF and when ZWave was restarted it went back and fixed them (or it thought it was in power fail recovery).

Comment

Originally posted by George View Post
      A lot of my ZWave devices went wonky this morning waking us up as a lot of them turned on. I went in, disabled the ZWave plugin and reenabled it and they all went back. Looks like HS still had their status as OFF and when ZWave was restarted it went back and fixed them (or it thought it was in power fail recovery).
      Well I've moved my Z-net onto a another switch. This shouldnt happen? I'm sure it's a z-wave issue. But even if there's a bad node, this still shouldn't happen. Need some kind of z-wave monitor.

Comment

Happened again this morning, had to restart the ZWave plugin, but all is so far, fine.

Comment

Todays activity is a z-wave node got removed without my interaction! I checked my router and seen 1 session connected to WAN. My log showed:

Sep-15 14:10:18 Z-Wave Warning Z-Net: Node 6 was not removed because the interface Z-Net does not have that node in its memory. (It may already be removed.)
          Sep-15 14:10:15 Z-Wave Warning Device Reset Locally Notification received for device Socket Study Socket Root - DEVICE IS BEING REMOVED FROM THE SYSTEM.

and I found the node was in fact removed !

I moved it too a different switch and this made no difference.

I suspect my Z-net is being hacked. How else would a node be simply removed?

Comment

Damn, new one on me. Normally I have large gaps in my net because of failed installs and it won't reuse a failed node! But never have had a node remove itself. Do you have a backup of the interface that you can restore?

Comment

Working...
            X