Trouble with new ZNET installation.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble with new ZNET installation.

I just purchased a new ZNET unit and a HS-MS100 Motion sensor and a HS_DS100 Door/Window Sensor from Homeseer
    I am running HS4 on windows 10. Plugin 3.0.2.0. No previous Z-WAVE network.
    I CANNOT get Z-WAVE working. I initially setup the ZNET with the DHCP address setting it came with. Then tried assigning a static IP. No luck.
    I finally got the motion sensor included, after many ties, but per the devices in HS4 is always reports Motion, (not working)
    Now that it is included I cannot get it excluded. The process just times out.
    With the door sensor I can not do an include for it. It seems that the ZNET just does not see it. i am 2-3 feet from the ZNET when attempting the include or exclude processes.

My guess is that there is something wrong with the interface install, because I am having trouble with both sensors.
    I am getting the following in the log. Keeps repeating....not sure what this means

This is the node list. Not sure what #3 is?

Does anyone have any suggestions.
    Please Help!

Thanks

Tom

You might double check on the z-net network you set up - make sure the interface is activated (there's a small icon for that). dhcp should be fine. Is the light on the z-net controller green or red?

Comment

The LED on the Z-NET is sold green.
      I can include and exclude the motion sensor but only after a factory reset on the motion sensor.
      1 press of the button to do the include. The sensor has to be within a few inches of the Z-NET.
      3 presses for exclude (does not delete the devices in HS)
      After I include it. I can then do the "Test Connectivity" test and get the firmware version and settings if I wake the motion sensor first by pressing the button 4 times quickly (blue LED flashes quickly for a few seconds while the sensor is awake)

So I think there is communication between the Z-NET and the motion sensor.

The problem remains that the device in HS ALWAYS reports motion (It is stuck)
      Don't know if I need to setup polling?

I would like to understand what all these nodes are:
      This is after excluding the motion sensor (My only device)
      Click image for larger version

Name:	NodeList.png
Views:	244
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	1425511
      After I include the sensor in creates 2 more nodes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	NodeList2.png
Views:	163
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	1425512
      I assume that node 1 is the interface. Each time I do an include it appears to create 2 nodes but when I do an exclude it only removes one of them.
      The other appear to be left overs? How do I clean these up.

Still not working, the device in HS4 ALWAYS reports motion!!!!

The help is almost non-existent in HS4 and only tells how to contact Homeseer Tech support. They have not been very helpful or responsive on this issue.

Any Help is appreciated!

Thanks
      Tom

Comment

Does anyone change the parameters in the HS-MS100+ Motion Sensor?
        What values do you use.
        Communication to the motion sensor appears to be working. It went back to no motion over night, but is back to stuck on motion.
        This is very frustrating, the instructions that come with the unit are a joke. I can not find any other instructions for the HS-MS100+.
        Does anyone have a link to anything?

Thanks
        Tom

Comment

Working...
        X