Z-Net degrading like a dying swan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Net degrading like a dying swan?

Some Z-Wave devices gradually lose their connection with HomeSeer 3 here. It starts with not executing commands. Sometimes a message is given that the device does not respond to a command. Sometimes not. Sometimes a command is still executed when the next command is given. But then the new command will not be executed, or until the next command is issued. After a while, the device stops responding at all. The only solution is to reset the device to factory and re-register the device.
    Until now I suspected the Z-Wave devices themselves. But now that a second brand of dimmer is showing similar phenomena, I also suspect the Z-Net controller a bit.
    Two questions:
    - does anyone recognize this problem?
    - will it help replace my Z-Net Remote interface (EU) purchased in 2016? In other words, has the interface now offered by HomeSeer been technically improved? (Faster Raspberry Pi, or the like). Or is it still the same device?
    And is it true that we are still on firmware version 1.0.23?
    And finally, does Z-Wave still have a future at HomeSeer? Or are they just giving up a bit?

Can you have a go at these threads before you make any hash decisionsThere is more to Z-wave than meets the eye. So follow the links especially the ones of Vestanet.
    A rethink about the setup,optimization...else, 2016 has been a long time...a lot has happened.

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

For the record, I just replaced my original Z-Net (Raspberry Pi 2) with a new Z-Net (Raspberry Pi 3). It made no difference with the Z-Wave delays I have been experiencing.
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
        For the record, I just replaced my original Z-Net (Raspberry Pi 2) with a new Z-Net (Raspberry Pi 3). It made no difference with the Z-Wave delays I have been experiencing.
        Is your new Z-Net device using the same firmware version (1.0.23). Or has it a newer version, meaning that there might be problems solved (and new problems added )

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
          My impression is not that the speed of the Z-Net unit is the problem here, but the speed at which the Z-Wave devices process commands.
          Although of course you can never be sure.
          When I send commands from a scene, HS does not wait for completion. As a result, it seems that several Z-Wave devices are put to work at the same time. And some can't keep up. The question now is, is it the devices, the Z-Wave interface or the Z-Net Plugin?
          Writing a shell between the scenes and the plugin (so that I ensure that devices are controlled one by one and per device is waited for completion) seems to have drastically reduced the number of incidents. Which seems to confirm my suspicion of conflicting data traffic.
          It's a bit like hs.speak. If you don't pay attention to the timing yourself, HomeSeer always talks through itself.
          I wonder if people recognize this problem and have found solutions for it.
          And I also wonder if replacing the Z-Net interface would help. Because it happens with multiple types and brands of Z-Wave devices. And because possibly HS only releases updates for the newer Z-Net interface.

Comment

Working...
          X