This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a downside to multiple Z-nets?

I have a modest home of about 2200 sq. ft. with 6" deep walls and a stucco finish which has played he!! on my Z-Wave network. I've recently include more 100k nodes which has made little difference. I purchased two Z-Net Interfaces and moved the kitchen & dining room nodes to one and the master suite nodes to the other. WOW!!, what a difference - - all of my nodes (Z-Wave & Z-Wave +) are Directly connected to there respective interfaces and response is great (even inclusion/exclusion works on the first try). I'm running HS3Pro on an HT-SEL on a SmartStick + and the two Z-Nets.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Liv_Rm_Z-Net.JPG
Views:	282
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	1446107
    I want to add a third Z-Net to my covered patio to support the nodes outside (locks & spot lights) - - is there an issue with having 4 interfaces in such a small network? Or is there a better solution?

There should be no issue at all adding multiple Z-Wave interface/networks and as you've seen this nearly always improves Z-Wave performance.
    πŸ’β€β™‚οΈ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products​

Comment

It won’t be a problem. I currently run 4 Z-nets and have had as many as 6 when doing some testing.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thanks - - ordered one more Z-Net

Comment

Working...
        X