Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Z-wave devices moving to different interface? How to stop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-wave devices moving to different interface? How to stop?

I run my house on a Z-NET as the main interface. I then took my old Z-Troller and installed it out by the pool as this is too far for most devices to get to the Z-NET. I paired all of the devices around the pool with the Z-Troller.

I was doing some maintenance today and I noticed one device in a bedroom - originally paired to the Z-NET is now showing paired to the Z-Troller. Also I see one device at the pool, the pool pump, originally paired to the Z-Troller is now paired to the Z-NET.

Also, in node information I see the message "(May change next Optimize)". So presumably during an optimize it has reassigned these devices. Can I stop that?

How do I reassign these devices back to the correct interface - can you do that with Z-Tools? I don't want to go messing around until I am sure. Thanks.

I'm unsure what you mean by "Z-Troller"? Maybe your old Z-net? My understanding of any Z-wave Controller has a Network ID that is unique to every physical Z-wave Controller. When you install/enroll a device it picks up the unique Network Id and will only communicate with the z-wave Controller with that same ID until you remove it from that network. So, no a device will never move to another network unless you remove and then add to another network. On newer devices they will change the "neighbors" information so they can adapt to the current best routes for that device(on it's network ID). Hope that make sense.

Comment

Thanks. The Z-Troller is a predecessor to the Z-Net.

I didn’t think things could move controllers. That is weird because I would not have intentionally paired these the way they are setup. Either way, it is clear I will have to remove and re-add them.

Comment

Working...
      X