Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Z-NET-G3 -- Failed sending z-wave Command...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Z-NET-G3 -- Failed sending z-wave Command...

Just wanted to see if anyone else has tried a new z-net-g3. I ordered one to try out and use to replace one of my older first or second gen z-nets. I have 3 separate z-wave networks with the devices split out roughly by location. The new z-net showed up last Monday and I backed everything up and then installed the new one in the same location as one it would be replacing. The process went fine it seemed, but I went into zseer to see how things looked it almost everything was not reachable. At first I didn't try to optimize anything just let the system run and while I could control most things I started getting loads of these messages:

Failed sending Z-Wave command to device..

Some of the devices were some of the furthest devices from the controller, but others were some of the closest devices. I will say I've been using Z-wave for quite sometime and many of my devices are first gen so I'm not sure if that is an issue or not. I then looked deeper into the new controller and noticed there didn't seem to be any routing going on and the option to see/modify the route wasn't available via the z-wave plug-in. I left the system for hours to see if things would get any better on their own, but when they didn't I then tried to optimize a few devices. Many it would say it could not reach and others it would optimize one time then the next time it would fail. I rebooted devices and the z-net/plugin multiple times and at one point I had an optimize completely finish and it looked like everything was reachable. So I left it there and monitored things, but it wasn't long before I started seeing failed commands again.

In checking z-seer+ where you normally get a number 1, 2 or maybe even 3 showing how many hops it takes to get to the controller on this new device I don't see any of those. Previously to the upgrade most devices had a direct connection with maybe 2 needing 1 hop and another 1 needing 2 hops. Also in the homeseer plug-in which checking the node information there isn't an option to Set Route and there were no devices showing a last working route. I'm going to maybe see trying to replace one of the other 2 z-nets this weekend and see if I have any better luck, but wanted to know if anyone else has one installed and if they are seeing any issues.

Where normally I see maybe 2 or 3 Failed sending commands in a day with the new z-net I was getting closer to 100 a day and that was with very low activity in the house at the time.

I'm running on:

HS4 Pro 4.2.16
    z-wave 3.0.11.0

Thanks,
    Jeff

Originally posted by cerjzc View Post
    Just wanted to see if anyone else has tried a new z-net-g3. I ordered one to try out and use to replace one of my older first or second gen z-nets. I have 3 separate z-wave networks with the devices split out roughly by location. The new z-net showed up last Monday and I backed everything up and then installed the new one in the same location as one it would be replacing. The process went fine it seemed, but I went into zseer to see how things looked it almost everything was not reachable. At first I didn't try to optimize anything just let the system run and while I could control most things I started getting loads of these messages:

Failed sending Z-Wave command to device..

Some of the devices were some of the furthest devices from the controller, but others were some of the closest devices. I will say I've been using Z-wave for quite sometime and many of my devices are first gen so I'm not sure if that is an issue or not. I then looked deeper into the new controller and noticed there didn't seem to be any routing going on and the option to see/modify the route wasn't available via the z-wave plug-in. I left the system for hours to see if things would get any better on their own, but when they didn't I then tried to optimize a few devices. Many it would say it could not reach and others it would optimize one time then the next time it would fail. I rebooted devices and the z-net/plugin multiple times and at one point I had an optimize completely finish and it looked like everything was reachable. So I left it there and monitored things, but it wasn't long before I started seeing failed commands again.

In checking z-seer+ where you normally get a number 1, 2 or maybe even 3 showing how many hops it takes to get to the controller on this new device I don't see any of those. Previously to the upgrade most devices had a direct connection with maybe 2 needing 1 hop and another 1 needing 2 hops. Also in the homeseer plug-in which checking the node information there isn't an option to Set Route and there were no devices showing a last working route. I'm going to maybe see trying to replace one of the other 2 z-nets this weekend and see if I have any better luck, but wanted to know if anyone else has one installed and if they are seeing any issues.

Where normally I see maybe 2 or 3 Failed sending commands in a day with the new z-net I was getting closer to 100 a day and that was with very low activity in the house at the time.

I'm running on:

HS4 Pro 4.2.16
    z-wave 3.0.11.0

Thanks,
    Jeff
    I can not help you at the moment. Ordered immediately 3 Z-Net's G3, but I'm in the EU and the status is still "processed through JAMAICA NY INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER ".

I will test when it will receive, and hopefully that is soon

---
    John

Comment

Originally posted by John245 View Post

I can not help you at the moment. Ordered immediately 3 Z-Net's G3, but I'm in the EU and the status is still "processed through JAMAICA NY INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER ".

I will test when it will receive, and hopefully that is soon

---
      John
      Departed from international distribution center today (after been there for 5 days on that location). Sop hopefully it will be in the EU on Monday and I will receive end of next week.

---
      John

Comment

I have upgraded 4 of my original Z-Nets to the new 700 series versions.

I had quite a struggle getting everything working at each replacement. When restore the new controller from a backup, no routing info is in the backup. I am also convinced that the routing info might even be a mess instead of blank as I would have expected. I found 90% of my nodes would not initially communicate. I had to painstakingly go through each node one by one on the Z-Wave tab clicking on Test Connectivity once or several times until it would succeed twice. Then I would Optomize. If that failed, I would again test, then Rescan, test and optomize. I kept at this process until I received a successful optomize. I worked outward from each controller starting with a 6ā€™ radius, then 15ā€™, 25ā€™ and so on. This process established routing and everything seems to be working well on 140 nodes that are on these 4 controllers.

Most of my devices are Z-Wave plus. It is my understanding that they will establish their own routing over time. The process I used above probably just forced then to establish routing, instead of it happening organically through use.

Iā€™m going to replace the last controller tomorrow or Monday as long as I have no issues. The 700 series controllers seem slightly more responsive. I swapped these controllers over this week starting on Tuesday. They seem fine and stable.

I will post back later after I replace a couple of very old Cooper duplex outlets and an Enerwave duplex and have some more time on these new controllers. All three duplex outlets are intermittent at communicating and may be noisy (electrically).
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
        X