New G3 Z-nets Appearing as "Sigma" and different versions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New G3 Z-nets Appearing as "Sigma" and different versions

Running HS4 Pro on Windows. I "was" running three (3) Z-Net controllers R2 without issue. I got the email about the new G3 release and made the purchase. Long story short I am on a clean new install with reset controllers. Before I even start adding devices again, I need to get teh controllers solid.
    1. Why is the Manufacture for the new R3 controllers listed as "Sigma"? My experience is seeing the word Sigma is bad news...
    2. Why is one of the controllers a different version?
    3. Looking at my old R2 controller it looks like I should just go back to what was working
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	249
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	1571704

any help on fixing this would be helpful

Sorry to see you've gotten ZERO response here. I, too, am seeing far too many Sigma devices showing up in Zwave PI Device Lists since upgrading to HS4 and two Z-Net G3 controllers. I do have a couple old Sigma Devices which are early Zwave (300?) and NOT 500's of the Plus generation. I am yanking them, as I fear they may be adding to my growing list of HomeSeer Zwave troubles! After unplugging I intend to delete any Sigma-named nodes in the G3 controllers. I will post back here if this action provides any relief.

Dan the LAN Man
    "It's always something!"

Comment

Originally posted by potatoheadny View Post
      Running HS4 Pro on Windows. I "was" running three (3) Z-Net controllers R2 without issue. I got the email about the new G3 release and made the purchase. Long story short I am on a clean new install with reset controllers. Before I even start adding devices again, I need to get teh controllers solid.
      1. Why is the Manufacture for the new R3 controllers listed as "Sigma"? My experience is seeing the word Sigma is bad news...
      2. Why is one of the controllers a different version?
      3. Looking at my old R2 controller it looks like I should just go back to what was working
      Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	73 Size:	58.4 KB ID:	1571704

any help on fixing this would be helpful
      Being listed as Sigma is ok for interfaces. Sigma is who acquired Z-Wave from Zensys in 2008. I think Express Controls is the manufacturer of the Raspberry WiFi interface. It is also the one using a R2 controller, the rest are 700 series. R3 controllers use a Banana Pi board. I suspect the difference is just between how the Raspberry and Banana boards report.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
      X