Help with ZNet installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with ZNet installation

Click image for larger version  Name:	scrnshot.jpg Views:	0 Size:	47.2 KB ID:	1583881 I'm trying to install a second z-net to HS4 to operate in my garage. I've read the installation instructions but they are confusing to me and I believe they are for replacing an existing znet and not adding a second one.

I gone to the controller management page and clicked on thee add interface. I ended up with the controller management page shown in the screenshot attached. This looks to me sort of like to copies of the same interface. Can anyone help me fix this and get the second interface installed?
    when going through the add procedure I end up with a screen that says:
    ZNet sucessfully configured
    System is restarting.

But this just goes forever and apparently never restarts.

Judging by your image, it looks like you're running Z-Wave plugin version 3.x. The installation instructions linked to from the Z-Net product page are for version 4.x, though that's not make clear. This certainly adds a layer of confusion.

The first step you need to do is to ensure that the new Z-Net is able to communicate on you network. For this, go to https://find.homeseer.com. You should see entries for your pre-existing HS4 system and your "Z-Net JonesNet". With the addition of the new Z-Net, there should be now be a second Z-Net showing. Clicking on that entry will take you to the Z-Net configuration page, where you can program it with a new name if you wish.

Once the new Z-net is showing on the find.homeseer page, you can add it to your HS system. From the Z-Wave Controller Management (the page shown in you image),
    • click 'Add Interface'
    • in 'Name', enter a name
    • in 'Interface Model', select 'HomeSeer Z-NET Ethernet'
    • in 'Choose Interface', available selections are populated from the find.homeseer data. Select the new Z-Net.
    • click 'Add'
    • click on the icon labeled 'Click to Enable'
    • if all goes well, a green check mark icon appears, and you're done!

Comment

OK I updated to ver 4. Now when I go through the steps I wind up with a message saying: Interface Z-Net Garage is experiencing trouble initializing. I second interface shows up now but it's disabled. If I try to enable it I just get the same messsage again. The light on the Z-Net is solid red-not green. It is connected to network and shows up in the router network map. The Z-Net was purchased in October and I'm just now setting it up-so it's brand new./
      I think I'll submit a help ticket-maybe it's the hardware.

Comment

I am having a similar issue with my new Z-Net “Z-Net is experiencing trouble initializing.”. How did you resolve this?

Comment

I just can't remember how I fixed it. I do remember putting in a support ticket-so that's my advice.

Comment

Working...
          X