Add Remove Replace Device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add Remove Replace Device

OK with Z-wave the module had to be close to the stick to include exclude or replace, with Z-Net that is not possible. so how to do this?
    sigpic
    A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Originally posted by Gogs View Post
    OK with Z-wave the module had to be close to the stick to include exclude or replace, with Z-Net that is not possible. so how to do this?
    With my Gen1 Z-Net, I use a portable power bank and wifi to add devices...
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

With two Gen 3 Z-Net's in a 1500 sq. foot residence, I am usually able to add factory-defaulted Z-wave Plus (500 Series) devices "in place." I've also enrolled devices on a test bench and successfully relocated them to their final destination. In addition to the "Optimize" and "Full Optimize" for individual devices provided by the HS4 Z-wave PI, the Gen 3's with their 700 series controllers supposedly and apparently manage network optimizations automatically in the background. My own experience confirms none of this is foolproof, often requiring disablement and reenabling the PI to clear recurring errors (and some jockeying back and forth between beta and production versions of the PI) eventually finds success. S2 Authentication generally seems to improve the enrollment process. Also - the more enrolled devices you have scattered around the site, the more robust your mesh network becomes. It also keeps your mesh network healthier and responsive if you use the REMOVE process to unenroll (and refrain whenever possible from deleting / factory-defaulting devices)! Now - if only the HS developer team would update the portable Z-seer tool to reveal mesh neighbors and their paths...

Dan the LAN Man
      "It's always something!"

Comment

Originally posted by Dan the LAN man View Post
        With two Gen 3 Z-Net's in a 1500 sq. foot residence, I am usually able to add factory-defaulted Z-wave Plus (500 Series) devices "in place." I've also enrolled devices on a test bench and successfully relocated them to their final destination. In addition to the "Optimize" and "Full Optimize" for individual devices provided by the HS4 Z-wave PI, the Gen 3's with their 700 series controllers supposedly and apparently manage network optimizations automatically in the background. My own experience confirms none of this is foolproof, often requiring disablement and reenabling the PI to clear recurring errors (and some jockeying back and forth between beta and production versions of the PI) eventually finds success. S2 Authentication generally seems to improve the enrollment process. Also - the more enrolled devices you have scattered around the site, the more robust your mesh network becomes. It also keeps your mesh network and healthier and responsive if you use the REMOVE process to unenroll (and refrain whenever possible from deleting / factory-defaulting devices)! Now - if only the HS developer team would update the portable Z-seer tool to reveal mesh neighbors and their paths...

Dan the LAN Man
        "It's always something!"
        Thanks Dan, I agree wish HS developer team would update the portable Z-seer tool to reveal mesh neighbors and their paths...however, have manged to get Z-NET after 3 days of running "Fully Optimise" to get all nodes except two back.

sigpic
        A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Working...
        X