Z-NET: what's next after installation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-NET: what's next after installation?

I received a new Z-NET today and I successfully added it as a second interface on the same system/new HomeID. The documentation is sorely lacking beyond that.

What are the recommended next steps? The HS4 main system is upstairs. The Z-NET is downstairs. Should I exclude devices near the Z-NET from the original interface, and then include them on the Z-NET, or what? Should I run optimize on the devices near it? It's hard to believe it just works "by magic" with no extra work.

Originally posted by SteveW View Post
    I received a new Z-NET today and I successfully added it as a second interface on the same system/new HomeID. The documentation is sorely lacking beyond that.

What are the recommended next steps? The HS4 main system is upstairs. The Z-NET is downstairs. Should I exclude devices near the Z-NET from the original interface, and then include them on the Z-NET
    That is how I did it.

Should I run optimize on the devices near it? It's hard to believe it just works "by magic" with no extra work.
    Optimization is not critical if they are all Z-Wave plus Devices. Z-Wave plus devices will self-optimize. For any non plus devices, I would manually optimize outward, beginning with the device closest to the Z-Net.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by randy View Post
      That is how I did it.

Optimization is not critical if they are all Z-Wave plus Devices. Z-Wave plus devices will self-optimize. For any non plus devices, I would manually optimize outward, beginning with the device closest to the Z-Net.
      Thanks, Randy!

Comment

Working...
      X