Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sound off! Who wants an European version - Now Available!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #61
    Originally posted by Moskus View Post
    Either switch to UZB1 (which is a better, and cheaper device) or get a Z-Net (which uses ethernet instead of USB, and is therefore easier to place, and is a godsent to those of us who is using virtualization).
    I'm using a few UZB w/ Digi AnywhereUSB (refurb ones from Ebay); this also work over ethernet, about 2/3 cost of Z-Net, can accomodate multiple USB ports and VM friendly as well.
    HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

    Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

    Comment


      #62
      Originally posted by LeoS View Post
      I'm using a few UZB w/ Digi AnywhereUSB (refurb ones from Ebay); this also work over ethernet, about 2/3 cost of Z-Net, can accomodate multiple USB ports and VM friendly as well.
      You do realize you're posting this in a thread that was designed to encourage us to develop the Z-NET for Europe, right?
      Learn About HomeSeer

      Comment


        #63
        Originally posted by LeoS View Post
        I'm using a few UZB w/ Digi AnywhereUSB (refurb ones from Ebay); this also work over ethernet, about 2/3 cost of Z-Net, can accomodate multiple USB ports and VM friendly as well.
        I have a Belkin USB-over-Ethernet box with an UZB1 interface too, and while this certainly works and is more VM friendly, it is always better in my opinion to have equipment that work over Ethernet in the first place.

        It's easier to set up, loads fewer drivers so there's less compatibility problems (no drivers are required ), and ethernet devices are generally more optimized for network connetivity (if you can believe it).


        So yeah, I'm very much looking forward to have a dedicated device for Z-wave. It'll arrive tonight.
        HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
        Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
        on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
        WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

        Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

        Comment


          #64
          Originally posted by Moskus View Post
          I have a Belkin USB-over-Ethernet box with an UZB1 interface too, and while this certainly works and is more VM friendly, it is always better in my opinion to have equipment that work over Ethernet in the first place.

          It's easier to set up, loads fewer drivers so there's less compatibility problems (no drivers are required ), and ethernet devices are generally more optimized for network connetivity (if you can believe it).
          I completely agree.

          Not to mention that a new Digi AnywhereUSB costs more than $200 alone, so it really can't be compared with the Z-NET.
          (Actually I'm planning to buy a couple of Z-NETs.. I wonder if they can work together with UZB or do they have to be on separate Home ID?)
          HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

          Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

          Comment


            #65
            I've used both Z-stick II and UZB1, and now I'm up and running with Z-Net. My thoughts can be summarized as this:

            WOW!

            The speed the Z-Net gives is insane! I take pride in having a optimized and functioning Z-wave network, but this, even after just one optimization, leaves the UZB1 behind in the dust.
            HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
            Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
            on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
            WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

            Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

            Comment


              #66
              Originally posted by Moskus View Post
              I've used both Z-stick II and UZB1, and now I'm up and running with Z-Net. My thoughts can be summarized as this:

              WOW!

              The speed the Z-Net gives is insane! I take pride in having a optimized and functioning Z-wave network, but this, even after just one optimization, leaves the UZB1 behind in the dust.
              Excellent!
              Learn About HomeSeer

              Comment


                #67
                Using the Z-NET EU version for over 100 hours.. Solid as a rock and the z-wave nodes at 100m distance now also switch reliable. Greatest improvement since years for my system

                ---
                John


                Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Tapatalk

                Comment


                  #68
                  Originally posted by Moskus View Post
                  I've used both Z-stick II and UZB1, and now I'm up and running with Z-Net. My thoughts can be summarized as this:

                  WOW!

                  The speed the Z-Net gives is insane! I take pride in having a optimized and functioning Z-wave network, but this, even after just one optimization, leaves the UZB1 behind in the dust.
                  Well, I've bitten the bullet and ordered one to see what all the fuss is about.

                  At almost the same cost (including shipping) as 6 UZB1's I'm certainly hoping that I experience the same WOW! factor.

                  One thing that concerns me a little is this thread http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=176820

                  Have any of you tested the European version to see how it behaves after a power failure? IMO a device such as this should be able recover from a power failure without losing it's configuration settings. With all the other Ethernet connected transceiver interfaces (mostly Lantronix based) I've used over the years, I've never had a unit lose its config after a power failure.

                  Paul..

                  Comment


                    #69
                    Originally posted by sooty View Post
                    Well, I've bitten the bullet and ordered one to see what all the fuss is about.

                    At almost the same cost (including shipping) as 6 UZB1's I'm certainly hoping that I experience the same WOW! factor.

                    One thing that concerns me a little is this thread http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=176820

                    Have any of you tested the European version to see how it behaves after a power failure? IMO a device such as this should be able recover from a power failure without losing it's configuration settings. With all the other Ethernet connected transceiver interfaces (mostly Lantronix based) I've used over the years, I've never had a unit lose its config after a power failure.

                    Paul..
                    Rich fixed the issue in your link today. FYI
                    Learn About HomeSeer

                    Comment


                      #70
                      Originally posted by macromark View Post
                      Rich fixed the issue in your link today. FYI
                      Super, thank you

                      I'm looking forward to receiving my Z-Net in due course.

                      Paul..

                      Comment


                        #71
                        Here in Norway it's only 5 times the price of a UZB1.

                        The price makes it hard to recommend to someone who's just getting in to home automation, but to me it's simple: The fact that it's ethernet based and not USB based makes it worth every penny.
                        HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                        Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                        on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                        WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

                        Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

                        Comment


                          #72
                          Originally posted by Moskus View Post
                          Here in Norway it's only 5 times the price of a UZB1.

                          The price makes it hard to recommend to someone who's just getting in to home automation, but to me it's simple: The fact that it's ethernet based and not USB based makes it worth every penny.
                          Agreed... those just starting out usually have limited funds for this and usually opt for the less expensive option. Here in the states, most customers who buy the HomeTroller-SEL purchase the SmartStick+. Those who purchase the HomeTroller S6 usually purchase the Z-NET.
                          Learn About HomeSeer

                          Comment


                            #73
                            Euro Z-Net received and installed in less than 48 hours from ordering, which considering I'm based in the UK is pretty impressive on the shipping front

                            A couple of observations after only a short time testing.

                            1. If the Z-Net loses Ethernet connection, HS3 doesn't appear to recognise that it isn't connected. I enabled the interface which was connected to HS3 (green LED) then pulled the Ethernet cable and left it disconnected for 10 minutes and not a squeak out of HS3 telling me that it had lost connection to the Z-Net. Obviously I did see errors when after 10 minutes I attempted to send an ON to a device.

                            2. If the Z-Net loses power, then again HS3 doesn't appear to recognise that it isn't connected. Re applying power results in the Z-Net booting up to a constant red LED but it won't re-connect until the interface is cycled within the Z-Wave plug-in.

                            Perhaps this is by design with the Z-Net but other (non Z-Wave) Ethernet transceiver interfaces I've used have a ping going on to detect if the interface has become disconnected and will automatically try to re-connect.

                            Paul..

                            Comment


                              #74
                              Originally posted by sooty View Post
                              Euro Z-Net received and installed in less than 48 hours from ordering, which considering I'm based in the UK is pretty impressive on the shipping front

                              A couple of observations after only a short time testing.

                              1. If the Z-Net loses Ethernet connection, HS3 doesn't appear to recognise that it isn't connected. I enabled the interface which was connected to HS3 (green LED) then pulled the Ethernet cable and left it disconnected for 10 minutes and not a squeak out of HS3 telling me that it had lost connection to the Z-Net. Obviously I did see errors when after 10 minutes I attempted to send an ON to a device.

                              2. If the Z-Net loses power, then again HS3 doesn't appear to recognise that it isn't connected. Re applying power results in the Z-Net booting up to a constant red LED but it won't re-connect until the interface is cycled within the Z-Wave plug-in.

                              Perhaps this is by design with the Z-Net but other (non Z-Wave) Ethernet transceiver interfaces I've used have a ping going on to detect if the interface has become disconnected and will automatically try to re-connect.

                              Paul..
                              Did you update the unit first?

                              Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
                              Learn About HomeSeer

                              Comment


                                #75
                                Originally posted by macromark View Post
                                Did you update the unit first?

                                Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
                                Yes. Z-Net version is reported as 1.0.15

                                I'm running HS3 3.0.0.208 and Z-Wave Plug-In 3.0.1.27. Later versions of the Z-Wave plug-in (.30 and above) cause problems with some of my energy devices not being updated in HS hence the reason for .27.

                                Paul..

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X