Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux* Mono and ASPX page compilation

Hi,

Edit: A workaround has been made by bsobel , like 1 month ago , please see post #3 after reading this one.

I did post some posts about this issue on the board,

After Mono 5.0.1.1, loading .ASPX page resulted in this issues :

Code:
    `System.Web.Compilation.CompilationException
    error VBNC30248: CHANGEME

Description: Error compiling a resource required to service this request. Review your source file and modify it to fix this error.
    Details: error VBNC30248: CHANGEME
    Error origin: Compiler
    Error source file: ~/Global.asax
    Exception stack trace:
    at System.Web.Compilation.AssemblyBuilder.BuildAssembly (System.Web.VirtualPath virtualPath, System.CodeDom.Compiler.CompilerParameters options) [0x00312] in <52b8d38f1da445f7ad770be558c9fed4>:0
    at System.Web.Compilation.AssemblyBuilder.BuildAssembly (System.Web.VirtualPath virtualPath) [0x00008] in <52b8d38f1da445f7ad770be558c9fed4>:0
    at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GenerateAssembly (System.Web.Compilation.AssemblyBuilder abuilder, System.Web.Compilation.BuildProviderGroup group, System.Web.VirtualPath vp, System.Boolean debug) [0x00202] in <52b8d38f1da445f7ad770be558c9fed4>:0
    at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.BuildInner (System.Web.VirtualPath vp, System.Boolean debug) [0x00106] in <52b8d38f1da445f7ad770be558c9fed4>:0
    Version Information: 5.8.0.108 (tarball Fri Jan 19 18:15:21 UTC 2018); ASP.NET Version: 4.0.30319.42000
    I also opened an issue on mono's github about this here : https://github.com/mono/mono/issues/9883

I closed this issue, because Bill (bsobel) opened a more specific issue about this problem:

here: https://github.com/mono/mono-basic/issues/52

------

What's new:

So, bsobel did some debugging on the issue. I think he found the core of the problem ( in other words, he found how mono 5.0.1.1 differs from other post-version when compiling .aspx pages) . So it (the compilation issue) can (hopefully) be resolved in the future.

I did say , in the first thread , that a compensation could be given to the people who would resolve this issue.

For my part, I just bought CPS tags plugin ( which seems to be very helpful) to support him .
    Last edited by MattL0; November 24th, 2018, 06:35 PM.

As an FYI, while a change to VBNC should be done for compatibility, I do believe Rich can work around this by not launching the compiler set to emitting debug info. With that change HS should be compatible until VBNC catches up.... Rich et al are out for the holidays, hopefully we can touch base on Monday (he has an email in his inbox on this)

Comment

Ok, I need to work on the change to VBNC itself, but in the meantime I have an updated vbnc script that should work for the SEL systems and can be customized to others. I am finally mono 5.16.0.220 and my VB.NET ASP pages (such as Jon000s) are working.

Replace the vbnc script in /usr/bin with the one attached.

Changes (aka what does this do???)

Uses bash shell.
      Loops through the command line parameters looking for any starting with /tmp (where HS puts the temporary files to compile)
      When it finds one it uses sed to delete the first line of the file if the first line starts with a #External (the #ExternalChecksum() directive is what causes the issue)
      Launches the compiler as before

#!/bin/bash
      for x; do
      if [[ $x = '/tmp'* ]]; then
      sed -i '1{/#Externa/d}' $x
      fi
      done
      exec /usr/bin/mono --debug $MONO_OPTIONS /usr/lib/mono/4.5/vbnc.exe "$@"
      Attached Files

Comment

That works !!! omg thanks bill!!

Comment

if you use the file do not forget to : chmod +x /usr/bin/vbnc

Comment

im on mono 5.18
            Attached Files

Comment

There should be a thread with a sticky for that !!

Comment

Can't get it to work with the script posted above. Restarted homeseer, but still getting the error.
                I am using mono version 5.16.0.179

EDIT: apparenlty i was using /bin/sh iso /bin/bash, it is working now

Comment

Originally posted by bsobel View Post
                  As an FYI, while a change to VBNC should be done for compatibility, I do believe Rich can work around this by not launching the compiler set to emitting debug info. With that change HS should be compatible until VBNC catches up.... Rich et al are out for the holidays, hopefully we can touch base on Monday (he has an email in his inbox on this)
                  Bill, did Rich ever get back to you on this?
                  Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post

Bill, did Rich ever get back to you on this?
                    Yes. Ultimately HS doesn’t appear to control the setting. Hence the script for now and bug opened with vbnc.

Comment

I've replaced the vbnc script with the above (and set rights). Same results. I didn't start from a base / fresh-install of the Hometroller Z image. Can't tell for sure... is that necessary? Anything else I might try or change to get .aspx to work? I /really/ want the doorlock setup to work.

Comment

Originally posted by gregoryx View Post
                        I've replaced the vbnc script with the above (and set rights). Same results. I didn't start from a base / fresh-install of the Hometroller Z image. Can't tell for sure... is that necessary? Anything else I might try or change to get .aspx to work? I /really/ want the doorlock setup to work.
                        No reinstall needed, but there may be multiple copies of that script on the machine. Also are you on ARM, another user ran into a different bug on ARM but seems similar from the user experience.

Comment

Indeed. On ARM. Glad to hear it shouldn't require a new install; it's 300 miles away and I won't be there for a few weeks.

I'll see if there are other copies of the script... something else I should be looking for?

Comment

I don't see anything else:

Code:
                            homeseer@HomeTrollerZeeS2V5:~ $ locate vbnc
                            /usr/bin/vbnc
                            /usr/bin/vbnc.old
                            /usr/bin/vbnc2
                            /usr/lib/mono/4.5/vbnc.exe
                            /usr/lib/mono/4.5/vbnc.rsp
                            /usr/local/share/man/man1/vbnc.1
                            /usr/share/doc/mono-vbnc
                            /usr/share/doc/mono-vbnc/changelog.Debian.gz
                            /usr/share/doc/mono-vbnc/changelog.gz
                            /usr/share/doc/mono-vbnc/copyright
                            /usr/share/man/man1/vbnc.1.gz
                            /var/cache/apt/archives/mono-vbnc_3.8-1_all.deb
                            /var/cache/apt/archives/mono-vbnc_4.7-0xamarin1+raspbian8b1_all.deb
                            /var/lib/dpkg/info/mono-vbnc.list
                            /var/lib/dpkg/info/mono-vbnc.md5sums

Comment

Originally posted by gregoryx View Post
                              Indeed. On ARM. Glad to hear it shouldn't require a new install; it's 300 miles away and I won't be there for a few weeks.

I'll see if there are other copies of the script... something else I should be looking for?
                              I think Arm is a different bug that gets hit once the 'normal' one we all love goes away, Im not on arm so can't reproduce it. Your best bet is opening a bug against VBNC at the mono project.

Comment

Working...
                              X