Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Linux* Mono and ASPX page compilation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZoRaC View Post
    So, I probably didn't need the patch-file, just had to update Mono... :P
    I didn't backup the original vbnc, should I do something to revert back and not use the patched file from #3?
    Solved it with: “sudo apt-get install --reinstall mono-vbnc”

Comment

glad you got it working!
      I had a memory leak on mono 6.0.0.313. I sent a virtual machine of homeseer to the mono team.

The leak as been resolved . The patch has been merged into master(mono 6.5.x.x) and backported in mono 6.0.x.x(stable) and 6.4.x.x( preview), on github repo, if you want to compile it yourself .

It should be very soon in the 6.0.x.x preview. In the 6.0.x.x , it should be there on next release, soo.. 3-5 months

Comment

Originally posted by MattL0 View Post
        glad you got it working!
        I had a memory leak on mono 6.0.0.313. I sent a virtual machine of homeseer to the mono team.

The leak as been resolved . The patch has been merged into master(mono 6.5.x.x) and backported in mono 6.0.x.x(stable) and 6.4.x.x( preview), on github repo, if you want to compile it yourself .

It should be very soon in the 6.0.x.x preview. In the 6.0.x.x , it should be there on next release, soo.. 3-5 months
        That’s great! I actually have the memory leak too. Thought it could be the vnbc-patch, so I hoped it was solved by reinstalling it...

I’ll monitor it a bit and if it gets too bad, I’ll have to look into installing the patched one...

Comment

glad you got it working!

Do you have details on the leak, or a bug reference? And did you mean to say 6.5 or 6.0.5 above?

Comment

Originally posted by bsobel View Post

Do you have details on the leak, or a bug reference? And did you mean to say 6.5 or 6.0.5 above?
            I meant 6.5, which is the master branch on the Github repo. Yes give me a few I , ll found the topic on Gihub

Comment

Here is the issue on github:

https://github.com/mono/mono/issues/15751 ( seems like there is another fixe one hour ago that has not been merged yet)

You can see the code change here :

https://github.com/mono/mono/pull/16...d4e8aabbcb6e93

here is what caused the issue i think : https://github.com/mono/mono/commit/...0f56f374b74a2b

I will compile master again when the merge is totally done. ( compiled it yesterday). So far it seems good (see picture)( but my setup have changed since the leak : I do not use jowihue and mcsmqtt anymore, since i posted the issue on github. From what i saw here, they were contributing to a memory leak way before 6.0.0.x.x, and were raising the hs3 process cpu load a lot!)

edit : seems like the last commit will be for the android part only?

Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Matt, good catch! This explains one of my leaks too, been chasing that one for a long time.

Comment

Thanks!

I will surely ask them to check the same vm I sent them with the new patch.

This patch seems to correct the leak they introduced in 6.0.x.x. But the leak from 5.x.x.x remains i think (the leak was slower). I have to chek the memory for 2-3 days .

So, will wait 2-3 days and will send then a graph about the memory consumption, if there is a need to.

Comment

I’ll monitor it a bit and if it gets too bad, I’ll have to look into installing the patched one...
                    Seems the leak is so bad that I have to restart every day...
                    What's the best way to solve this? Install 6.4.0.152 (preview) like described here?
                    https://www.mono-project.com/downloa.../#download-lin

Or, downgrade to 5.20.1.34? (how does one do that?)

Comment

I think the leak patch has been merged in 6.0.0.152.

I can show you how to downgrade if you want , up to you.

edit mono Nightly (master) is now :

Mono JIT compiler version 6.7.0 (master/9bf703b031b Tue 06 Aug 2019 04:28:48 PM EDT)
                      Copyright (C) 2002-2014 Novell, Inc, Xamarin Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com
                      TLS: __thread
                      SIGSEGV: altstack
                      Notifications: epoll
                      Architecture: amd64
                      Disabled: none
                      Misc: softdebug
                      Interpreter: yes
                      LLVM: supported, not enabled.
                      Suspend: hybrid
                      GC: sgen (concurrent by default)

Comment

ZoRaC Mono stable is now 6.0.0 Stable (6.0.0.319).

You might want to try this one.

Code:
                         apt update; apt upgrade -y
                        Should be enough

if you do not see anything new here, wait 2-3 days. Mono team tends to write the new version on the site, before it gets available on their server

Comment

ZoRaC Mono stable is now 6.0.0 Stable (6.0.0.319).
                          Wasn't expecting the stable version to be "upped" so quickly - just updated to .319 and we'll see how it goes. Thanks!

Comment

Wasn't expecting the stable version to be "upped" so quickly - just updated to .319 and we'll see how it goes. Thanks!
                            Please let me know

Comment

Hmm... it seems the .319 re-introduced the VBNC-bug for ASPX...!

Comment

How is the memory?

Are you able to patch /usr/bin/vbnc with this code ?

sudo nano /usr/bin/vbnc

Code:
                                #!/bin/bash
                                for x; do
                                if [[ $x = '/tmp'* ]]; then
                                sed -i '1{/#Externa/d}' $x
                                fi
                                done
                                exec /usr/bin/mono --debug $MONO_OPTIONS /usr/lib/mono/4.5/vbnc.exe "$@"

i am on mono 6.7 and the patch works great.

Comment

Working...
                                X