Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Linux* Mono and ASPX page compilation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattL0 View Post
    How is the memory?
    It's a lot better, but still increasing a little bit over time, but so did 5.x...

Are you able to patch /usr/bin/vbnc with this code ?

sudo nano /usr/bin/vbnc

Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    for x; do
    if [[ $x = '/tmp'* ]]; then
    sed -i '1{/#Externa/d}' $x
    fi
    done
    exec /usr/bin/mono --debug $MONO_OPTIONS /usr/lib/mono/4.5/vbnc.exe "$@"

i am on mono 6.7 and the patch works great.
    I'll have to test tomorrow, but I thought the patch wasn’t needed on 6.x? I thought the underlying issue was fixed?

Comment

Originally posted by ZoRaC View Post

It's a lot better, but still increasing a little bit over time, but so did 5.x...

I'll have to test tomorrow, but I thought the patch wasn’t needed on 6.x? I thought the underlying issue was fixed?
      no only the memory leak introduced in 6.0.x.x . sorry posting in this thread maybe made some confusion

Comment

bsobel Do you think your patch could be in a pull request on github? Would they accept it ? it would be easier for people on the forum if it is already in the mono-basic i think ?

Comment

no only the memory leak introduced in 6.0.x.x . sorry posting in this thread maybe made some confusion
          Ah, I see! Then it makes sense.
          I got confused by this post:
          they released mono 6.0 All seems to be back to normal!
          Thought it meant the ASPX-pages was “back to normal”, without the patch...

Comment

Seems I spoke too soon. Mem usage was at 75% again this morning...

Comment

How’s the hs3 memory process usage? From htop

Comment

How’s the hs3 memory process usage? From htop
                I don't have terminal access right now, but this morning it was the "HSConsole.exe --log" that was using around 70-75 %.
                I just rebooted the server 2 hours ago...

This is the current output from "ps" (I run an event that outputs this result to a web accessible txt-file every 15 min):
                Click image for larger version

Name:	ps-hs.PNG
Views:	106
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	1319808

Comment

Thanks. That is 7% of how much memory in total?

Comment

Thanks. That is 7% of how much memory in total?
                    4 GB

Comment

bsobel Do you think your patch could be in a pull request on github? Would they accept it ? it would be easier for people on the forum if it is already in the mono-basic i think ?
                      No, the correct fix is for mono basic to ignore that file header. What I did was a scripting hack in the meantime.

Comment

First peak is after about 10 hours. Second one is now, 8 hours (night) after reboot... (HSConsole.exe)

Click image for larger version  Name:	F278DF95-3B0F-4D97-8102-43681D78979E.png Views:	0 Size:	5.3 KB ID:	1319998

Comment

Originally posted by bsobel View Post

No, the correct fix is for mono basic to ignore that file header. What I did was a scripting hack in the meantime.
                          ok i see . Thanks bsobel

Comment

I don't have terminal access right now, but this morning it was the "HSConsole.exe --log" that was using around 70-75 %.
                            I just rebooted the server 2 hours ago...

This is the current output from "ps" (I run an event that outputs this result to a web accessible txt-file every 15 min):
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	ps-hs.PNG Views:	0 Size:	38.2 KB ID:	1319808
                            Could you try to deactivate Jowihue and Mcsmqtt for a certain period. let's say 2 hours ? And see the memory pattern for this time range? They were causing a memory leak on my system on linux ( but seems to be ok on windows)

Comment

I truly encourage anyone that is having a leak on linux to send an email to email support . I just did it. I do not find it normal for us to have to test this like that .

I just sent them an email. Saying that they should check more closely the memory usage on linux.

Comment

Could you try to deactivate Jowihue and Mcsmqtt for a certain period. let's say 2 hours ? And see the memory pattern for this time range? They were causing a memory leak on my system on linux ( but seems to be ok on windows)
                                I’ll try do deactivate them when I go to bed and let them be off over night.

I truly encourage anyone that is having a leak on linux to send an email to email support . I just did it. I do not find it normal for us to have to test this like that .

I just sent them an email. Saying that they should check more closely the memory usage on linux.
                                Well, as far as I understand from your Github-issue, the Mono-team has confirmed that there is a bug in Mono? That’s not something HomeSeer can do anything about...

Btw, they haven’t tested HomeSeer on Mono 6.x - got an email from support today, after reporting a different bug. All “file pickers” now show files in random order instead of alphabetic...
                                I'm sorry to hear that this has happened, it may be related to updating Mono as we have only tested Mono 5 and have not had any other reports of such an issue

Comment

Working...
                                X