Help Restoring Interface from ZME.UZB dongle to ZStick Aeotec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Restoring Interface from ZME.UZB dongle to ZStick Aeotec

Long story short my dongle is physically broken from an accident in the house

I've picked up an Aeotec z stick Gen 5 to see if I can get the network up and running.

I do seem to have bakcups of the old zme usb in the folders

However I do not have a RESTORE option (my z wave module is upto date.)

Any help please greatly appreciated.

See pictures, I only have a BACKUP but NO RESTORE Option.

Sent from my Phone 2 using Tapatalk

Originally posted by dillalade View Post
    Long story short my dongle is physically broken from an accident in the house

I've picked up an Aeotec z stick Gen 5 to see if I can get the network up and running.

I do seem to have bakcups of the old zme usb in the folders

However I do not have a RESTORE option (my z wave module is upto date.)

Any help please greatly appreciated.

See pictures, I only have a BACKUP but NO RESTORE Option.

So for anyone who finds themselves in this situation, apparently it's not possible...

Reply from HelpDesk:

"I apologize for the inconvenience, but the latest versions of firmware for the UZB interfaces are not compatible with the restore network option. I have noted this feedback so that I may pass it a long to our engineers, but restoring this feature is not at the top of the development"

Quite disappointing, having to resort in re including all my nodes and redefining my events accordingly.

Comment

Disappointing response and therefore their next advice should include a warning ⚠️ on some of their products as they still sale this.

Comment

I wonder if there has been any movement to fix this as this is not compatible with the current UZB on the
        Market.

Comment

I'm having similar issues, but worse (the restore option is available, but not working and destroying the configuration on the UZB)
          https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...es-disappeared

But in my search for a solution, came around this post:
          https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...b-restore-back
          Did not have the occasion to try the solution offered there, but am ordering a spare UZB to do so.

Comment

Message from support when I reported the issues with the restore option on 6th of may:

However, we have moved to a new bug logging format which makes it easier to keep track of how many users reach out to us about this. Since we moved to this new format, you are the first person to report this. I recommend asking others who are experiencing this to report the issue so that we may get an accurate count.
            So anyone who would like to see the restore option restored, please report to support.

Comment

Working...
            X