Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZWave SmartStick+

Greetings.

What software, if any, needs to be running on the same device where you use a SmartStick ? For example, if I have an RPi sitting around running Kodi or a Minecraft server or such, can I also plug the SmartStick into there or do I also need to have some local software running on that device?

advTHANKSance!

Typically the ZWave stick is a USB to serial device. To access it remotely you utilize ser2net. (apt get ser2net) and access it from Homeseer with IP of RPi and port similiar to the ZNet configuration.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.534 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU - Mono 6.00
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.534 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.00

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation.

Comment

Originally posted by Beowulf View Post
      Greetings.

What software, if any, needs to be running on the same device where you use a SmartStick ? For example, if I have an RPi sitting around running Kodi or a Minecraft server or such, can I also plug the SmartStick into there or do I also need to have some local software running on that device?

advTHANKSance!
      You wouldn't have a remote SmartStick as you would have a ZNET. Unless otherwise there is special zwave software to communicate with the HomeSeer server.

Ask zwolfpack

Edit: Should I delete my post?

Eman.
      The Closer.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
        Typically the ZWave stick is a USB to serial device. To access it remotely you utilize ser2net. (apt get ser2net) and access it from Homeseer with IP of RPi and port similiar to the ZNet configuration.
        Nice one Pete , I found this as well : https://www.jpaul.me/2019/01/how-to-...-with-ser2net/

Eman.
        The Closer.

Comment

Yes here purchased a ZWave dot Me card when it was first available and installed it in my first Zee (RPi-1).

Intially ran the ZWave plugin on this device and remotely connected it to the HS3 server.

Then later used ser2net to connect to HS3. No special software is needed. You just configure your mothership to connect to the ethernet IP of the DIY'd ZWave controller.

There are many folks here on the forum using ZWave this way (years now). I have had mine in my attic POE connected now for a few years.

Thinking there is a DIY here relating to this methodology. See this post.

- Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.534 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU - Mono 6.00
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.534 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.00

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
            Thanks! Makes sense.

Comment

Working...
            X