HS3 Maximum Number of Devices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HS3 Maximum Number of Devices?

I just now tried to add a couple of new virtual devices to HS3 (HomeTroller SEL PRO). The first added fine, but the second won't.

I notice that my total HS3 device count has hit 256 (a suspicious number). I know that there is a limit on the number of Z-wave devices you can have in a network, but is there also a limit on the total number of devices (all kinds) that HS3 will support? If so, what is the limit?

If there is a limit, you are nowhere near it. I have nearly 2000 and there are others with more than that. I've noticed that sometimes when adding a virtual device, HS closes the window for it automatically and then you can find it under Unknown/Unknown floor/room location.
    HS 3.0.0.548: 1970 Devices 1148 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 123 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

HS3 Total device limit is 10,000 and then HS3 starts rolling over re-using unused device reference numbers if available.

Comment

Thank you sparkman and Simplex Technology for your assistance. I'm pretty sure I now know what happened.

Whenever I click the Add Device button on the Device List page, I expect to go immediately to the Add Device window. When I tried that this morning, the Device List blanked very briefly, then redisplayed itself. As far as I could tell, nothing had happened.

Later today, when I again added a new device, I noticed that its default name was New Device. On a hunch, I went back to the Device List page and discovered that I had lots of New Devices!

Lately I've been experiencing intermittent failure of my web page accessing computer's mouse. Sometimes it thinks I've done a double click when I have actually done a single click. Bouncing switch contacts, I guess.

So, on another hunch, I tried to add a new device with a double click on the Add Device button. And voila! Same symptoms, exactly. The new device got created, but I never got sent to the Add Device page.

Problem solved, and thanks again.

Comment

As Simplex Tech stated, it starts over filling in unused / deleted devices. I think the total is actually 9,999. I'm over half way there with 5,092 devices total. And yes, sometimes new virtual devices have to be hunted down by looking new/unknown devices. Grab Jon00's device list script from his site. It makes finding phantom virtual devices easy.
          My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Comment

Originally posted by ericg View Post
            Thank you sparkman and Simplex Technology for your assistance. I'm pretty sure I now know what happened.The new device got created, but I never got sent to the Add Device page.
            This has been a long-standing bug (years). It's a puzzle to me that it has not been addressed, especially since it comes as a complete surprise to baffle new users - just the people HST should be trying to attract.

Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
            HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF, Rain8Net+ | RFXCOM | QSE100D | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | X10: XTB-232, -IIR | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
              This has been a long-standing bug (years). It's a puzzle to me that it has not been addressed, especially since it comes as a complete surprise to baffle new users - just the people HST should be trying to attract.
              +1
              HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi3
              64 Z-Wave Nodes, 168 Events, 280 Devices
              UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
              Plugins: Z-Wave, BLRF, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
              HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

Comment

Working...
              X