Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would a Zee S2 be sufficient for my needs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would a Zee S2 be sufficient for my needs?

I've just finished installing pretty much all the underlying systems in my house:
    Radio Ra2 for lighting & t-stats, about 50 devices all together
    Vista 20p for Security, with about 20 sensors (window, door, leak) - I'll get an Envisalink to connect w/HomeSeer
    A handful of z-wave receptacles mostly to improve the mesh to my Yale z-wave door lock from where my HomeSeer will be
    A/V is on Harmony Hub for now, but not sure what I'll be doing with that going forward, but integration into automation isn't crucial. Currently use Google Home/Assistant for basic control.
    A small Sonos network, I guess it would be nice for announcements to transmit over that if possible but not crucial
    6 IP cameras on an NVR. This has contact closures for input and output to my alarm system, so that covers the integration I'd want (i.e. if in alarm state, all cameras record).

Mostly I'm looking to coordinate security with locks and lighting/HVAC. I don't envision doing anything crazy - mostly stuff like "when door code unlocked, disarm alarm and send email or text, launch lighting scene "Home" (ideally time dependent).

Is a Zee S2 sufficient for my needs? I know there is the 5 plug-in limitation, but I think I'd be covered with
    1) Z-wave
    2) RR2
    3) Envisalink
    4 & 5) Some combo of Sonos/Harmony/Easy Trigger or nothing

Would the Zee s2 be able to easily handle what I'm looking to do from a processing standpoint? I imagine speed would be important for the door unlock -> disarm.

Thanks.

I think that you will find that in time you will want additional plugins above the 5 available that you will wan to run.

If you are comfortable rolling your own there is a sales going on right now on software. See https://homeseer.com/support/newslet...rent-promo.htm. You could purchase HS3 Standard for about $199.96 and load it up on a Raspberry Pi 4. Or get an SEL for $339.96. The sale is on until the 7th of August.

There are other sales throughout the year. There is a 50% sale on software that HomeSeer does once or twice a year as well but there is no telling when they do that sale.

Comment

Originally posted by drhtmal View Post
      I think that you will find that in time you will want additional plugins above the 5 available that you will wan to run.

If you are comfortable rolling your own there is a sales going on right now on software. See https://homeseer.com/support/newslet...rent-promo.htm. You could purchase HS3 Standard for about $199.96 and load it up on a Raspberry Pi 4. Or get an SEL for $339.96. The sale is on until the 7th of August.

There are other sales throughout the year. There is a 50% sale on software that HomeSeer does once or twice a year as well but there is no telling when they do that sale.
      it is usually November and Mai

Comment

Working...
      X