No announcement yet.

How are the store bought systems setup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How are the store bought systems setup?

How are the store bought systems setup?
    How do they set up the auto run and updating. Or is the customer expected to log into the system to do these things?

I would like to set my system up as close to their setup as possible..

Thank you

Are you referring to the HomeTroller units as the store bought units? They are really just another PC and yes if the customer/user wants to upgrade then they can. If you are installing these as a business you should let them know if you want them to do this or not do this. That way you have more control over the units. That being said there's nothing to prevent them from upgrading their plugins and base HS3 software.
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      Are you referring to the HomeTroller units as the store bought units? They are really just another PC and yes if the customer/user wants to upgrade then they can. If you are installing these as a business you should let them know if you want them to do this or not do this. That way you have more control over the units. That being said there's nothing to prevent them from upgrading their plugins and base HS3 software.
      Yes I'm referring to their systems. Let me clarify. I wish to set up my system to match their setup. As in. How do they auto run the software. How do they setup auto login. How do they handle the update patches. Does the system auto install some how. Or is it just a custom PC they build and expect the user to completely set it up and have no standards?

Comment

Originally posted by Mwillis View Post
        Yes I'm referring to their systems. Let me clarify. I wish to set up my system to match their setup. As in. How do they auto run the software. How do they setup auto login. How do they handle the update patches. Does the system auto install some how. Or is it just a custom PC they build and expect the user to completely set it up and have no standards?
        Might be too late, but the main difference in functionality that you will see with the HS6 systems is that they are set to auto logon and auto start HS6. Given the nature of plugins and such, I don't think you will have a lot of consist luck setting up a Windows 8 or Windows 10 client to auto launch HS3 using task scheduler. At least that was my experience. For this reason, I recommend that fairly undemanding (computationally) set ups use HS6 if you really need it to start back up automatically after a power outage. It isn't 100%.

You will sometimes get it stuck in busybox before going into windows or, more commonly, HSTouch won't properly start up. However, it usually works fine, and I was able to get an auto-startup working with Win8 and Win10 zero percent of the time. Plus, if something doesn't work there is someone to talk to. It is the official, supported platform.

Just my $0.02.

Comment

Originally posted by rhardcore View Post
          Might be too late, but the main difference in functionality that you will see with the HS6 systems is that they are set to auto logon and auto start HS6. Given the nature of plugins and such, I don't think you will have a lot of consist luck setting up a Windows 8 or Windows 10 client to auto launch HS3 using task scheduler. At least that was my experience. For this reason, I recommend that fairly undemanding (computationally) set ups use HS6 if you really need it to start back up automatically after a power outage. It isn't 100%.

You will sometimes get it stuck in busybox before going into windows or, more commonly, HSTouch won't properly start up. However, it usually works fine, and I was able to get an auto-startup working with Win8 and Win10 zero percent of the time. Plus, if something doesn't work there is someone to talk to. It is the official, supported platform.

Just my $0.02.
          I am currently using auto login and have a bat file that delay starts HS3pro. so far this works good. I was just curious how they setup their systems exactly.

Comment

Working...
          X