Home troller Zee Access

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home troller Zee Access

Looking for guidance on accessing the homeseer software when connected directly to the HomeTroller Zee S2. I attempted to change an IP address and can no longer access the system using find.homeseer.com. I have done this before but cannot remember the steps.

I am able to log in using homeseer and hsthsths3. Just don't remember whats next when at homeseer@hometrollerzees2`$

Originally posted by pskae View Post
    Looking for guidance on accessing the homeseer software when connected directly to the HomeTroller Zee S2. I attempted to change an IP address and can no longer access the system using find.homeseer.com. I have done this before but cannot remember the steps.

I am able to log in using homeseer and hsthsths3. Just don't remember whats next when at homeseer@hometrollerzees2`$
    Try this thread under Hardware>HomeTroller Zee.
    Randy Prade
    Aurora, CO
    Prades.net

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

Comment

Thanks. Tried that but no success. Need to get to the local version of the software. Runs slow but will let me restore all the network settings.

Comment

Thanks. Tried that but no success. Need to get to the local version of the software. Runs slow but will let me restore all the network settings.
        I guess I don't understand what you mean by "local". That thread explains how to log directly into the Zee with a local keyboard and monitor to reset the network settings so that you can connect remotely.
        Randy Prade
        Aurora, CO
        Prades.net

Comment

Using a keyboard, monitor and mouse you are able to access the web based software. Just can't remember how to log into it.

Comment

Using a keyboard, monitor and mouse you are able to access the web based software. Just can't remember how to log into it.
            The post linked above states:

So you changed the IP address of your Zee from within HomeSeer. Maybe you set the wrong IP or other setting and now you cannot access your Zee over the network. If you have an HDMI monitor and USB keyboard you can manually change the settings back, here is how.
            1. Connect an HDMI monitor and USB keyboard to your ZEE.
            2. Power cycle the Zee. You should see startup messages on your monitor and after about 20 seconds you should get a login prompt. Login with user=HomeSeer and the password should be whatever password you changed your Zee to. If you did not change it, the default is password=hsthsths3.
            3. After you log in change to the folder where the network settings using the command: cd /etc/network
            4. Now edit the interfaces file with the command: sudo nano interfaces

This will start a simple text editor.

The interfaces file should look like this for DHCP
            Code:
            auto lo

iface lo inet loopback
            iface eth0 inet dhcp
            address 192.168.2.249
            netmask 255.255.255.0
            gateway 192.168.2.1

allow-hotplug wlan0
            iface wlan0 inet manual
            wpa-roam /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf
            network 0.0.0.0
            address 0.0.0.0
            netmask 255.255.255.0
            gateway 192.168.1.1

iface default inet dhcp
            For static change "dhcp" to "static" and make sure the address, netmask, and gateway are set properly.
            To save your changes press Control X, then Y, then hit return.
            Now restart the unit to test your changes, enter: sudo reboot

When the unit boots it will display the IP address it is set to.
            Won't that get you where you need to be?
            Randy Prade
            Aurora, CO
            Prades.net

Comment

Not sure why, they had some reason I needed to get to the "network" page of the web interface and restore it there.

Comment

When you're at the command prompt you can also type ifconfig to see your current IP address. Then you can open a browser and point to that IP or use http://<ip address>:911 to get to the factory reset page.
                HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
                Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
                Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
                Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Working...
                X