Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is IFTTT insanely slow/unstable when triggered from HS?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Is IFTTT insanely slow/unstable when triggered from HS?

    I got my Luna/Eigth sleep cover, and in general I'm satisfied with it. It does a good job heating the bed and the sleep data seems to be accurate enough (better than my Fitbit).

    Eight Sleep has promised an API, but haven't delivered yet. However, they do have IFTTT integration, and I thought "OK, that'll do in the mean time".

    I've set up to virtual devices for controlling each side of the bed, and I turn ON around 7 PM, and OFF when we get to bed.

    These commands are horrible delayed, if they even are executed at all.
    Is this a problem with HS, IFTTT or Eight Sleep?
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

    Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

  • #2
    I found IFTTT to be surprisingly fast MOST of the time. Very unreliable, however. Sometimes takes 20 seconds to complete, but usually about 1 second. Not sure if it is IFTTT or MyHomeSeer.

    tenholde
    tenholde

    Comment


    • #3
      It's IFTTT. Had a brief infatuation with it, until it became very apparent that it can't process most things either reliably or timely. This isn't limited to just Homeseer either. I see the same problems with Android Location, Pushover and several other services.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by tenholde View Post
        I found IFTTT to be surprisingly fast MOST of the time. Very unreliable, however. Sometimes takes 20 seconds to complete, but usually about 1 second. Not sure if it is IFTTT or MyHomeSeer.
        Yes, this is what I expected from earlier when I controlled my LiFX bulb directly from HomeSeer. That worked fast enough. Usually within a second ot two.

        This time around, with the Eight sleep cover, we are talking minutes. 20-30 minutes. If the "Applet" even gets triggered!
        That is useless.


        Originally posted by bebaldin View Post
        It's IFTTT. Had a brief infatuation with it, until it became very apparent that it can't process most things either reliably or timely. This isn't limited to just Homeseer either. I see the same problems with Android Location, Pushover and several other services.
        That could be it. I'll have to check for more triggers. Tonight I'm testing Spud's IFTTT plugin which worked great before (and still does).
        HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
        Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
        on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
        WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

        Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Moskus View Post
          Yes, this is what I expected from earlier when I controlled my LiFX bulb directly from HomeSeer. That worked fast enough. Usually within a second ot two.

          This time around, with the Eight sleep cover, we are talking minutes. 20-30 minutes. If the "Applet" even gets triggered!
          That is useless.




          That could be it. I'll have to check for more triggers. Tonight I'm testing Spud's IFTTT plugin which worked great before (and still does).

          The plug-in is excellent. I was using it for notifications but it was so hit and miss with IFTTT. I would eventually get every notification but some would show immediately and some took 30 minutes or more. Just too unreliable for me. I ended up buying the dedicated Pushover plug-in and it works like a charm for Homeseer. My IFTTT notifications to Pushover are still inconsistent, though.

          Comment


          • #6
            It is better with Spud's plugin, but still very slow. Two devices are triggered almost at the same time (5 or 10 seconds delay) and they are logged in IFTTT after 10 and 20 minutes.

            This makes me think that it might be a combination of HomeSeer, Eight Sleep and IFTTT. If any of these is delayed, then the end results is "horribly slow".
            HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
            Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
            on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
            WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

            Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

            Comment

            Working...
            X