HomeSeer Mobile Feature Requests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RJH-

When is the release target to support landscape mode on Android (amazon FIRE HD) tablets. This is becoming a pain to not be able to have a streamlined positioning of the tablet on the wall in landscape mode to better manage/layout of the mobile UI.

Thanks

Comment

I would like if HS Mobile could display more text for devices. There's just a couple of lines now, but some devices contains much more text than that.
      HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
      Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
      on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
      WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Originally posted by MFULLER View Post
        Sorry if this has already been suggested. On mobile and hard to search.

Feature request: Ability to swipe screen left and right to switch between dashboards.

I have a dashboard for each room in my house. Rather than having to press the name of the dashboard at the top of the app, it would be faster and more intuitive to be able to swipe left and right to switch between configured dashboards.

Thank you.
        Was just about to post this exact request. Swiping dashboards should be native functionality.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

"It would be nice to have HS change this on the tablet based on events. For example, when all the lights in the kitchen go OFF, change from light mode to dark mode, etc."

This would be brilliant, setup mobile as a virtual device or something along those lines that can be manipulated. Been fun to play with HS mobile, would love to have it usable as a permanent control panel but it's just not there, but it's so close. IMO two minor interface tweaks would at least get it functional in this scenario:
          • Some minor theme control - dark vs light mode etc. I can't have a glaring white tablet mounted permanently.
          • Better landscape support as that's what most tablets in a control panel type config will be using. Constantly have things scrolling off the bottom of the screen.
          Next would be having the HS Mobile device be addressable as a device as already mentioned - Tons of possibilities here, but I'd keep it simple too. Would be great for theme control (dark at night) and be able to push notifications to. Would be sweet to have a pop-up dialog for washing machine finished, garage door left open (and say for example control the color or lighting of the display along with it), or any number of other things from plugins (internet down, etc.

For the interface itself. Maybe I'm just not experienced enough, but some kind of simple WYSIWYG-type widget setup to arrange or lay out the controls within a widget. I'm constantly playing with values in HS3 to try and get the controls to lay out how I want. I was thinking that a simple status indicator for devices would be handy also, but if we were able to simplistically manipulate the layout of individual controls, that could be accomplished within. Also the ability to have a "control" that was just a link to another dashboard, or a pop-up "folder" of sorts with grouped controls might be handy.

Comment

UX Suggestion: Any popup message/notification should disappear if the user taps somewhere outside of the popup or provide the user with an X to touch to close. I'm currently staring at the, "MyHS Premium Only Feature" popup on the System page and the only link I see is to "LEARN MORE", which I don't want to touch at this time. You are forcing the user to touch LEARN MORE, which opens another window/page before they can then touch the teeny tiny Homeseer link in the top-left of the screen to get back to HomeSeer.

Comment

A speaker client for TTS (tapping into an AWS Polly voice?) in the mobile app is a huge must have for me as well as VR. I love that TTS exists in HSTouch, though, it doesn't play any audio if the app is closed. Apple allows an app to continue playing audio when closed and this would a perfect application of that feature. Any time I am away from home, I want to be able to initiate VR commands as well as receive any TTS back, whether the app is open or not. Home automation doesn't have to just be about controlling devices for lighting/HVAC/Security. It can be about distributing all kinds of information for personal use or between friends & family. I've been jumping through SO many programming/hacking hoops running my computer's audio output from one audio USB stick back into a 2nd audio USB stick to run it through Zello for Windows so I can hear TTS on my iOS device, wherever I happen to be. Would be nice if the Windows ver of HS would be able to tie in with external TTS services like the Linux version can. With the advancement of location-based & health-based services available today, having the plugin-expandable power of Homeseer is the perfect foundation for a Jarvis-type interface. VR & TTS anywhere (and some AI) would complete it. No HS lover wants to tell Alexa to tell Homeseer to do xyz. Blech! And I'm sick to death of saying, "Hey Siri!" 100 times a day. Seems HS is sooooo close to having those main puzzle pieces with the new mobile app.

Comment

Any way this could be made so it is an app for a Google Hub as well? Ideally HSTouch is also available on these screens. I'm guessing the Alexa fans would want to see it if the unit is capable of such.

Karl
                Karl S
                HS4Pro on Windows 10
                1070 Devices
                56 Z-Wave Nodes
                104 Events
                HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
                Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Just wanted to add another vote for a couple that I've read:
                  • Dark Mode
                  • Hide header and footer until needed
                  • Export/Save Dashboard (maybe they save to something on the HomeSeer server?)
                  Also, not sure if it has been mentioned but can the app have a built in screen saver? After x number of seconds the screen can go black (but not lock), then with a touch it wakes up. It would be nice to have that built into the app, and really make it something that can be an off-the-shelf home automation control panel, rather than having to piece together other apps to do it all.

Comment

Working...
                  X