Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Widgets are on the list.

Originally posted by ksum View Post
    OH!!!! An Android Widget or two! THAT could be interesting... Especially when the phone comes on and someone pocket dials the lights or garage door!

Yes, I like my Widgets. But I would really have to think about one for home automation use.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I suggest you look at the iOS app for iDevices. IMO this is quite well done. Note that it is fully compatible with Apple Home app.

Steve Q
      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
      2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Attached is a post I submitted in 2007 for an Apple iTouch controller for HS2.

https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...9&postcount=36

Also attached is a page from the current Apple Home app.

Kinda similar!

Steve Q
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Steve Q; March 15, 2018, 05:00 PM.
        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
        2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

That dashboard screen is close to what we are doing, but the devices are resizable and you can select what is displayed. Will post screen shots as soon as we can.

Comment

I installed HSPro about a month ago. I was on the east coast working.I'm back home now spending 5-10 mins a day playing a little with it. A few things..
            Does Homeseer have ability to work Apple Watch ?
            Geo fencing ?

Comment

Originally posted by mikej8111 View Post
              I installed HSPro about a month ago. I was on the east coast working.I'm back home now spending 5-10 mins a day playing a little with it. A few things..
              Does Homeseer have ability to work Apple Watch ?
              Geo fencing ?
              No to the Apple watch. There is a great GeoLocation plug-in "PHLocation" linked in my signature below.
              HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Q View Post
                Rather than reinvent a new app, I think the Fraggel plugin would provide pretty much everything that most iOS users want. This was an outstanding plugin. Surely it would be easier to get Apple approval for the Fraggel plugin than starting from scratch to create a new app which would also need Apple approval!

Steve Q

I would much rather have HomeKit integrated into homeseer than use a plugin. It should be on an equal footing with Alexa and Google Assistant. The two voice assistants that most people have are not officially supported by homeseer. Not that any one uses Cortana. But iOS users definitely use Siri.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
                Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
                Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                  We have looked at many HA apps, and while there isn't a standard, I did not find one that forced a login. I would say if you want security, make sure your phone auto locks.

But that being said, I would like to hear feedback from others. Would you want a secondary login to get into this app? I would never use it as my phone locks automatically and I don't want the extra step. If there is interest, we could make this an option.

I'd not use this since I lock my phone.
                  HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
                  Number of Devices: 1005
                  Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

Q: Will it require MyHS?
                    A: No, you can easily log in with your MyHS credentials, or you can connect directly to your HS3 system using its IP or DNS name.
                    My request would be to autosense lan vs wan so HS automatically chooses the correct login between using my local ip vs myhs.

The IOS blue iris app is an example of an app that manages this seamlessly
                    HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
                    Number of Devices: 1005
                    Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

We have looked at many HA apps, and while there isn't a standard, I did not find one that forced a login. I would say if you want security, make sure your phone auto locks.

But that being said, I would like to hear feedback from others. Would you want a secondary login to get into this app? I would never use it as my phone locks automatically and I don't want the extra step. If there is interest, we could make this an option.
                      Why not make it optional? That way you satisfy everyone's needs.
                      RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
                        I would much rather have HomeKit integrated into homeseer than use a plugin. It should be on an equal footing with Alexa and Google Assistant. The two voice assistants that most people have are not officially supported by homeseer. Not that any one uses Cortana. But iOS users definitely use Siri.

Comment

Integrated like google home, Alexa, IFTTT. When those stop working you can place a help ticket with HS and they fix it.

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
                          Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
                          Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

This is problematic, what if you want to connect to a vacation home, but you are in your current home, which system does it auto connect to? I guess a setup setting needs to be set to tell the app how to connect, like Auto (for the case where you only have one system), and a prompt so it prompts you for when you have multiple systems. There could be a mode for when it cannot get an Internet connection it then looks for a local system. Or an option so it always looks for a local system first. More settings to complicate users, something we are trying to get away from. Any setting like this will need to go under an "Advanced" setting area.

Originally posted by jmaddox View Post
                            My request would be to autosense lan vs wan so HS automatically chooses the correct login between using my local ip vs myhs.

The IOS blue iris app is an example of an app that manages this seamlessly

Comment

I don't believe developers have access to Siri yet, but I will check. The android version will have voice input.

Your IOS device uses touch ID to log into the device. Why would you want to have to log in again to this app? Not many apps do that, other than financial type apps.

https://developer.apple.com/sirikit/

HS3 3.0.0.420 & HSTouch 3.0.55 with 700 Devices, 358 Events
                              Plugin's:
                              BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee,
                              EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
                              weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, Z-Wave 3.0.1.200
                              HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
                              Plugin's:
                              BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
                              weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                                I vote No.

Having app-level authentication after unlock would be cumbersome. The only apps I have on my phone that does this now are banking apps and samsung pay.

Ditto

HS3 3.0.0.420 & HSTouch 3.0.55 with 700 Devices, 358 Events
                                Plugin's:
                                BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee,
                                weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, Z-Wave 3.0.1.200
                                HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
                                Plugin's:
                                BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
                                weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Working...
                                X