Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HomeSeer Mobile Beta 3.6

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Ok, so that rules out any HS3 changes. We did switch over the backup MyHS server so we could install some updates. I switched it back to the primary, see if there is any change. I assume you are testing through MyHS and not local?

    Originally posted by stefxx View Post

    Thanks. Unfortunately, 473 isn't much better (just a little). I did a few test with starting HS3Touch, repeated it at least 5 times to make sure it was consistent:

    435: ~6 seconds before all devices are loaded
    470: ~20 seconds before all devices are loaded
    473: ~18 seconds before all devices are loaded

    Same config, same database (so same number of devices), just different versions of HS3. Something else must have changed as well I guess?

    I did test remotely as I am away from home for at least a few more days. Local access is probably a bit faster, but as I said, the difference between 435 and 470 (actually, 460 which I installed 2 or 3 weeks ago) was significant enough to note as soon as I installed it when I was home.
    website | buy now | support | youtube

    Comment


    • #17
      GALAXY TAB A 10.1

      MOBIL VERSION 3.7

      HS3 .470

      Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180830-195540.png
Views:	4
Size:	194.2 KB
ID:	1244757Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180830-195540.png
Views:	4
Size:	194.2 KB
ID:	1244758

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by rjh View Post
        Ok, so that rules out any HS3 changes. We did switch over the backup MyHS server so we could install some updates. I switched it back to the primary, see if there is any change. I assume you are testing through MyHS and not local?
        Still the same delay in getting devices unfortunately.
        stefxx

        Comment


        • #19
          Locally HS Mobile is flying. No really, it's insanely fast.

          Via MyHS it's very slow.
          HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
          Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
          on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
          WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

          Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

          Comment


          • #20
            In the previous version we were getting the devices in the background, but now we have to get all the device info at startup. This is so we can check the user security on the devices and only show the ones the user has access to. With many devices this is a lot of data. We are looking at what we can do to speed things up. But after you load it, it will stay in memory and accessing it going forward is instant.

            Originally posted by Moskus View Post
            Locally HS Mobile is flying. No really, it's insanely fast.

            Via MyHS it's very slow.
            website | buy now | support | youtube

            Comment


            • #21
              My envisalink devices are still in dashboard on latest beta but they are no longer available as devices existing or new. For some reason they no longer show at all except in dashboard for ones added prior to this release. Plugin Spuds Envisalink DSC

              Comment


              • #22
                We posted an update, see if you have B0.3.7 installed. (version is displayed under help menu)

                Originally posted by deanrparry View Post
                My envisalink devices are still in dashboard on latest beta but they are no longer available as devices existing or new. For some reason they no longer show at all except in dashboard for ones added prior to this release. Plugin Spuds Envisalink DSC
                website | buy now | support | youtube

                Comment


                • #23
                  Update to the latest version B0.3.7 to fix issues with the drop lists.
                  website | buy now | support | youtube

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    I see them again but one new issue... The phevohome plugin zone status icon crashes the dashboard completely once you open the room its associated to. Can't delete it either instantly crashes on that specific dashboard only solution would be clear data and restart.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      hi just see the meiharmonyhub root device in the mobile app again. no child device with their dropdown list of device

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by rjh View Post
                        In the previous version we were getting the devices in the background, but now we have to get all the device info at startup. This is so we can check the user security on the devices and only show the ones the user has access to. With many devices this is a lot of data. We are looking at what we can do to speed things up. But after you load it, it will stay in memory and accessing it going forward is instant.
                        Yes, but it will stay in memory as long as the app is running. When it's closed (Android is eager to close apps that aren't up front) I have to download the list again...

                        Perhaps you can make an option to actually save the device list and images, and add a manual "re-download device list" button. Most of the time I don't need to get all devices, just update their status...
                        Last edited by Moskus; September 1st, 2018, 01:36 AM.
                        HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                        Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                        on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                        WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

                        Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          After upgrading I can confirm that locally the app works very quickly. WHen I connect usign my phone on 4G, controlling an MQTT device is VERY sluggish.... I have 70 devices....Also the downloading of the devices and associated images on app start via mobile network is slow....The mobile app was way snappier on v1.0
                          HS 2.2.0.11

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Moskus View Post
                            Yes, but it will stay in memory as long as the app is running. When it's closed (Android is eager to close apps that aren't up front) I have to download the list again...

                            Perhaps you can make an option to actually save the device list and images, and add a manual "re-download device list" button. Most of the time I don't need to get all devices, just update their status...
                            Appreciate the continued vigilance on security by only showing devices which the users has permission to view/change.

                            It would be good to provide an option to "cache" the data locally with a manual "refresh devices". That being said, my system loads almost 5k devices and 500 events in under 13 seconds over 4G and under 10 on local wifi. And the response to controlling devices is nearly instantaneous. So far, very impressive.

                            Another vote for adding geofencing. This would be truly useful to have reliable geo data available. Each beta is getting better and better. Keep up the good work.
                            Last edited by Mr_Resistor; September 3rd, 2018, 09:58 PM.
                            My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Mr_Resistor View Post
                              It would be good to provide an option to "cache" the data locally with a manual "refresh devices". That being said, my system loads almost 5k devices and 500 events in under 13 seconds over 4G and under 10 on local wifi. And the response to controlling devices is nearly instantaneous. So far, very impressive.
                              To add on, maybe send a hash or checksum on the device structure... no change = use cached data?

                              Originally posted by Mr_Resistor View Post
                              Another vote for adding geofencing. This would be truly useful to have reliable geo data available. Each beta is getting better and better. Keep up the good work.
                              +1

                              Thanks for innovating!

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Yesterday I upgraded the app and HS software to the latest versions.
                                Since then I don't see any device and when I press on the location 1 or 2 there comes a message "location list not loaded"
                                Sometimes a couple of devices show on the screen.
                                Before the upgrade everything was working fine.
                                Have I missed something?


                                Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180904-070141_HomeSeer Mobile_01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	1245432

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X