HomeSeer Mobile Beta 3.6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HomeSeer Mobile Beta 3.6

HomeSeer Mobile Beta 3.6 is ready for testing. You can install from the Google Play store.

This version has many enhancements and bug fixes. Please post your feedback and any issues you find.

Note that Landscape is not yet supported (will be added in a future release).

The App supports Android version 5 and later (Lollipop).

Features
    • Customizable dashboard. Add any device, resize, control items to show. Multiple dashboards are supported
    • Device list. Shows all devices, supports sorting and controlling any device and adding devices to the dashboard.
    • Event list. Show all events, run an event, add to the dashboard.
    • Camera list. Shows the latest snapshot from all cameras. Click on a camera to display larger real time view and pan/tilt controls. The camera list is auto updated every 10 seconds.
    • Supports log in from MyHS and local IP.

Getting Started
    To get started, you must have HS3 version 3.0.0.470 or later. You can grab that from here:

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=181241

You will need to install from the Google Play store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...mobile.android

We have a knowledge base with some documentation here:

https://helpdesk.homeseer.com/catego...omeseer-mobile

You can also get to this knowledge base from the help menu in the app.

Reporting Bugs / Issues
    If you run into any crashes, you will be prompted with a dialog to submit crash info, please submit this! It will contain valuable information.

If you find a non-crash bug or there is an enhancement you would like to request, from within HomeSeer Mobile select the menu icon (upper left corner) then the "Send Feedback" item. This will start an email. Fill it in and submit. You can include screen shots as attachments. This will create a ticket in our bug tracking system.

You can also post any issue to this forum so others can review, but an issue will not get addressed unless it is in our bug tracker.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Good job HST! From a first view. The app feels snappier and looks better overall. The welcome logo looks really better now.

For now, I just lost my Meiharmony devices, (I think I lost all the devices that have a drop-down list) .

I updated to .470 five days ago I think , is that the very same version of hs3?
    Thanks

Comment

Upgraded to .470 and loaded the update. It tries to download devices then crashes. App info and logs sent via feedback.
      Note the previous app worked fine.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk

HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180830-093248.png
Views:	140
Size:	185.1 KB
ID:	1244504

Getting this when trying to log in via hostname.

In this case, HomeSeer sits behind a pfsense reverse proxy (HAProxy). SSL offload is performed at the proxy. A publicly trusted certificate is used, signed by the Let's Encrypt CA.

Previously I would get an error "trust failure" or something similar, the error always faded too quickly to get a screenshot.

Is this likely a certificate trust issue? Does HS mobile not trust the Let's Encrypt SSL cert?

There is nothing in the HS3 log following these failures, which leads me to think the issue is the proxy and therefore likely the certificate.

How can I provide more data for troubleshooting?

Comment

Is it just me or is downloading devices much, MUCH slower? It seems that startup time has more than tripled since the last release...
          I also get errors when refresing devices. Yes, I know 1124 devices is a lot, but it's not that much. And HS is designed for larger systems...
          HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
          Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
          on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
          WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

I noticed the same slow loading of devices in HS3Touch as well. 435 was really fast, 470 is slooooow.
            stefxx

Comment

So my Fanlincs now show up, but they are less than useful. They show up as 1 device (instead of two) and it appears i can only control the fan portion.

Name:	2018-08-30_10-18-24.png
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	1244614

Name:	Screenshot_20180830-101700.png
Size:	167.3 KB
ID:	1244613

Comment

Originally posted by MattLau View Post
                For now, I just lost my Meiharmony devices, (I think I lost all the devices that have a drop-down list) .
                Same thing here. all my "Device" devics are missing, but the Activities device is there (which is a dropdown). My FanLincs also don't show controls and they have dropdowns.

So it's not all all dropdowns, but some do not show.

Edit: nevermind, the Activity device has a status, but no option to control it, so yeah, dropdowns are broken again.

Comment

I like the toggle check box choice, thank you for implementing that.

I still have a couple motion X-10 motion sensors that won't toggle even when the option have been chosen.
                  I have other X-10 motion sensors that will toggle.

Still doesn't find my Z-Wave garage door sensor or my Z-Wave deadbolt. I created a dashboard for all the battery monitors and they still don't show up.
                  I have 'refreshed' from the menu.
                  Dan-O
                  HomeSeer contributor since summer 1999, yes 1999!

Comment

sirmeili and : Thank you for this information. A fix for drop-down lists will be out shortly.

Comment

For the toggle, edit the status/graphics page and make sure your ON and OFF devices have CONTROL_USE_ON and OFF set on them, otherwise it will not work.

Originally posted by Dan-O View Post
                      I like the toggle check box choice, thank you for implementing that.

I still have a couple motion X-10 motion sensors that won't toggle even when the option have been chosen.
                      I have other X-10 motion sensors that will toggle.

Still doesn't find my Z-Wave garage door sensor or my Z-Wave deadbolt. I created a dashboard for all the battery monitors and they still don't show up.
                      I have 'refreshed' from the menu.

Comment

How many devices do you have? When testing with a users system with 3800 devices we found some devices where the parent/child relationship was messed up (same child under multiple parents and some children marked as root). This really caused confusion for any app using the JSON API. So HS now does some checks to fix this. I did not think it affected performance, but maybe so.

Originally posted by stefxx View Post
                        I noticed the same slow loading of devices in HS3Touch as well. 435 was really fast, 470 is slooooow.

Comment

1207 devices. In 435 devices loaded almost instantly, with 470 it takes about 20 seconds before all devices are shown.

Current Date/Time: 30-8-2018 18:51:21
                          HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.470
                          Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
                          System Uptime: 0 Days 1 Hour 54 Minutes 3 Seconds
                          IP Address: 10.0.0.15
                          Number of Devices: 1207
                          Number of Events: 308
                          Available Threads: 400
                          HSTouch Enabled: True
                          Event Threads: 0
                          Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
                          Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
                          Device Exec Queue: 0
                          HSTouch Event Queue: 0
                          Email Send Queue: 0
                          Anti Virus Installed: Windows Defender

Enabled Plug-Ins
                          3.3.1.2: APCUPSD
                          3.0.0.21: Buienradar
                          3.0.0.21: Chromecast
                          0.0.0.21: DoorBird
                          3.0.0.48: EasyTrigger
                          3.0.0.3: FritzTR064
                          3.0.11.1538: IRTrans
                          3.0.0.6: Neato
                          3.0.0.14: NetCAM
                          3.0.0.13: P1
                          3.0.3.2: Plugwise Pro
                          0.0.0.42: Pushover 3P
                          1.0.0.7: Restart
                          30.0.0.36: RFXCOM
                          3.0.6159.37431: UltraNetatmo3
                          3.0.0.88: weatherXML
                          3.0.1.190: Z-Wave
                          stefxx

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                            For the toggle, edit the status/graphics page and make sure your ON and OFF devices have CONTROL_USE_ON and OFF set on them, otherwise it will not work.

That was it Rich.
                            Some had the control set as on & off and others were set to Not Specified.

Thank you for the assistance
                            Last edited by Dan-O; August 30, 2018, 01:30 PM.
                            Dan-O
                            HomeSeer contributor since summer 1999, yes 1999!

Comment

Originally posted by rjh
                              To see if it was the HS3 changes, can you try build 473, this has the association checks removed:

http://homeseer.com/updates3/SetupHS3_3_0_0_473.msi
                              Thanks. Unfortunately, 473 isn't much better (just a little). I did a few test with starting HS3Touch, repeated it at least 5 times to make sure it was consistent:

435: ~6 seconds before all devices are loaded
                              470: ~20 seconds before all devices are loaded
                              473: ~18 seconds before all devices are loaded

Same config, same database (so same number of devices), just different versions of HS3. Something else must have changed as well I guess?

I did test remotely as I am away from home for at least a few more days. Local access is probably a bit faster, but as I said, the difference between 435 and 470 (actually, 460 which I installed 2 or 3 weeks ago) was significant enough to note as soon as I installed it when I was home.
                              stefxx

Comment

Working...
                              X