Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is the HS Mobile configuration stored?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is the HS Mobile configuration stored?

I bumped into a dashboard widget that systematically crashed the app, so I had to clear the configuration.
    Good news, clearing the app storage gave me empty dashboards, so no more crashes.
    Bad news, clearing the app storage gave me empty dashboards, so I lost all my configuration.

Sooo, where is the configuration stored? I looked in the Android/data folder, but didn't find anything. Is it 100% client -side? If so, how to you back it up / copy on another device? Will there be a server-side backup / profile?
    Last edited by LaurentR; August 30th, 2018, 01:14 AM.

The dashboard configuration data is stored locally in the application data folder. (This is most likely unavailable to you unless you or on a rooted device) We will be implementing a backup and restore process in the future.

Can you tell me more about this widget that crashed the app? What kind of device was it showing?
    - JL West
    HomeSeer Software Engineer
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JLDubz View Post
      The dashboard configuration data is stored locally in the application data folder. (This is most likely unavailable to you unless you or on a rooted device) We will be implementing a backup and restore process in the future.

Can you tell me more about this widget that crashed the app? What kind of device was it showing?
      I don't remember but I posted a crash report with some explanation IIRC. I assume you are getting those from Google?

Comment

Just a suggestion with the backup/restore. Can you enable the back up to be stored on the HomeSeer server and when you login for the first time have the ability to restore from the HomeSeer server

Comment

Originally posted by jlipton View Post
          Just a suggestion with the backup/restore. Can you enable the back up to be stored on the HomeSeer server and when you login for the first time have the ability to restore from the HomeSeer server
          Better yet all the administrator to assign a config to a tablet from the server and push it out to the tablet. This assumes that the app is already installed on the tablet.

Comment

Has a backup or restore system been implemented yet? I've spent months building my dashboards all completely wasted effort following a phone upgrade.
            Even some form of workaround would do.

Comment

Originally posted by reggs11 View Post
              Has a backup or restore system been implemented yet? I've spent months building my dashboards all completely wasted effort following a phone upgrade.
              Even some form of workaround would do.
              We are working on a dashboard export/import option that will get rolled in before we release v1.0 for production. For now, unfortunately, there is nothing that can be done.
              - JL West
              HomeSeer Software Engineer
              sigpic

Comment

Hallo!
                When will the import/export be available?
                kind regards,
                Christian

Comment

Originally posted by woodyc79 View Post
                  Hallo!
                  When will the import/export be available?
                  kind regards,
                  Christian
                  Export will be available in the next version.

Restore will be too but it won't work - HomeSeer have a reputation to uphold

Comment

So - this doesn't seem to be an HST priority. Just sayin.

Comment

Working...
                    X